Chapter 147: Familial Regret

Flames, it was all Hippolyta saw when she approached the island. It had been some time since she had received the distress call. A call sent over by her father, Alexander Patera, the current leader of Lupus. Hippolyta frowned slightly at sight before her. Charred bodies lay within the ocean, blue flames roared from on top of the ocean currents, and liquid fire spewed from the island cracks.

Whatever had happened, whatever had attacked was a force of nature of itself.

"What in God's name could have caused this..." Hippolyta turned to see her sister Antiope approaching. She was a fair woman of long red hair, and her hair stretched so far it often got caught between her legs. Like many other Amazons, Antiope was beautiful, inheriting her Mother Queen Otrera's fabled beauty and unrivaled height. Like Hippolyta, Antiope was also well over 6 foot but was a few inches shy of 7, deeming her the shortest of the royal siblings.

However, unlike her sisters, Antiope prioritized her beauty over her physique. She has deemed the masculine traits of the other amazons to be painful on the eyes. Antiope was curvaceous and womanly, possessing a soft voice and full wet lips. Most men who ended up stranded on the island or captured speak of Antiope's beauty as if they had blessed her.

Even the men who survived and managed to walk out of Antiope's quarters walked with a hobble to their step—never returning to normal women after, thus taking their lives in the process.

Antiope's lust was always something that annoyed Hippolyta; it was unbecoming of someone with royal blood. The Amazon's weren't allowed to marry, nor fall in love. Even having sex out of romantic feelings was considered forbidden. However, this Antiope had broken that law several times now. She was the Mother of over 20 children, many of which either left the island out of their own volition or stayed on the island for Antiope to raise. Thus leaving more men on the island than Hippolyta would've liked, but Alexander chose to take them under his wing and raise them as his sons. Making each one of them be a part of his elite guard.

Of course, this wasn't super uncommon. Many Amazons had children, and just as many cast their children away. Thus, leaving children born with rare abilities to pop up in the world. Alexander and Erica, to name a few.

"I'm not sure." Hippolyta boomed, her voice was loud and rash even when she wasn't intentionally trying to raise it. "There aren't many people in this world capable of producing blue flames."

"Only those with Wolfe Blood right?" Antiope asked. Hippolyta gave her sister a long stare before further observing the sea around her. Blue flames fumed from the burnt bodies, and blue flames conjured a dark glow over the evening waters. "There is another, but I'd like to think he has been dead for a long time now."

Hippolyta took a few steps forward, motioning for one of her officers to bring her sword, shield, and trident. Antiope was quick to follow. "Who are you speaking of my sweet sister? I do not recall anyone else possessing blue flames aside from Peter of the Wildfire (Wolfe Family Ancestor) and Irene of the Azure flame."

Hippolyta stopped when she reached the ship's bow "Itsuki the Hydra." she fumed. "Do you remember him? I'm sure you do, he was Irene's brother the beast with powers based off of legend." Antiope stopped and twisted her red hair. "I do, he was a pretty man. Rude and cold, but very sexy." Antiope licked her full lips. "There were a few times where I almost had him for myself."

"Disgusting. You are sick sister, very sick. I may just call for Penthesilea to get you help. Your taste for men is nearly as bad as your appetite for battle, you are of royal blood act like it!" Hippolyta scolded. "Oh boo hoo, don't get mad at me because no one has gotten a taste of your first blood." Antiope teased, "Perhaps if you try it for once, instead of feasting on women you'll understand how addicting it can be."