Chapter 55 part 1

Harry's pov

When Chase and I arrived at Esmea's house, Chase was bouncing up and down in the back seat.

Esmea's house didn't seem too big compared to mine, but it looked nice, her front yard had a patch of green grass ;leading up towards the front door, there were pot plants on the window seal with all different colours.

When Esmea asked me about Trevor being afraid of heights I was gob smacked. I mean why in the world would he ask her that, but then I noticed how tightly he hugged Esmea whilst in her arms.

It hadn't accrued to me on asking Trevor how he's feeling since his mother left, but now noticing how much he seems to adore Esmea I can tell he misses a mother figure around.

Not necessarily his actual mother, but more like a mother figure around.

When Esmea and Darcy made their way to what I assume to be Darcy's room I sat down on the couch with Trevor and chase on either side of me.

"So how did you meet my sister? "Chase asked Trevor.

"School. "Trevor replied, bitterly.

"OH. "Chase said, nodding his head.

"What school did you attend? "I asked chase, trying to lighten the mood, which was tense.

"I didn't go to school, my nana and pa home-schooled me."Chase said.

"So you don't have any friends? "Trevor asked, smugly.

"Trevor don't be so rude. "I said to him.

"It's fine daddy. "Chase said to me, giving me a small smile. "And to answer your question Trevor, no I didn't, nana and pa said that I would get distracted from my school work if I associated with other people. "Chase said.

"Don't you want friends? "Trevor asked.

"Yes. "Chase said. "Of course I do, but Nana and pa wouldn't take me out to associate with kids my own age, and it's not like I could do anything about it."Chase added, before shrugging his shoulders.

"OH. "Trevor said nodding his head.

"Chase can you come here for a second? "Esmea called out.

"Coming Mumma. "Chase called back, before he climbed off the chair, before he made his way towards the sound of Esmea's voice.

"Trevor that wasn't very nice. "I said to Trevor once chase was out of sight,

"I don't like him daddy, your my daddy, not his. "Trevor said, crossing his hand over his chest.

"Come here buddy. "I said to Trevor, before patting my lap, gesturing for him to sit down, which he happily obliged to.

"What? Trevor asked, looking at me.

"Just because Chase is also my son doesn't mean me don't love you any less. You're always going to be my baby boy, no matter what. "I said, brushing his hair out of his eyes.

"Promise? "He asked.

"I promise. "I replied, smiling.

"I love you daddy. "He said, wrapping his arms around my neck.

"I love you too buddy. "I replied.

"I'm sorry Chase. "Trevor said, once chase, Darcy and re-entered the lounge room.

"It's okay. "Chase said, giving Trevor a small smile.

"You guys ready to go? "Darcy asked Trevor and me.

"Yep."Trevor said, nodding his head.

"Come on then, "Darcy said, before taking Trevor's hand, leading him towards the front door.

"So did you want to go to Lou's in my car? "I asked Esmea before standing up.

"Yeah if you don't mind." Esmea said, before picking chase up.

"Not at all. "I said, smiling.

"Okay cool. Esmea said, also smiling.

"You guys all set? Nobody needs to go to the toilet? "Esmea asked, whilst we were all outside in front of my car.

"Nope."Darcy said, shaking her head.

"No I'm okay Es. "Trevor said who was standing next to Darcy, holding her hand.

"What about you baby? "Esmea asked.

"No Mumma. "Chase said, shaking his head.

"What about you Harry? "Esmea asked.

"I'm all set. What about you? "I asked,

"I'm all set. "Esmea said, giving me a small smile.

"Okay everybody hop in." I said, opening the car.

"Es do you mind helping me up? "Trevor asked.

"Sure buddy, just let me get chase settled in first okay. "Esmea said, smiling at Trevor.

"Okay. "Trevor said, beaming at Esmea.

I waited outside for all the kids to get in the car. I noticed that Darcy was having some trouble getting in.

"You okay princess? "I asked, crouching down, so that I was at the same height as Darcy.

"It's so big Harry. "Darcy sighed.

"Did you need help? "I asked her.

"Yes please. "Darcy said, nodding her head, before she opened her arms up so that I could pick her up.

"Thank you Hazza. "Darcy said, once I buckled her into her car seat which Esmea handed me before.

"No worries princess." I said smiling.

"So is everybody ready? Esmea asked, once we were all seated, with our seatbelts buckled.

"Yes. "Darcy, Chase, Trevor and I said in unison.

"Perfect." Esmea said smiling, before she smiled at me, gesturing for me to start the car.