Chapter 32 Part 2

Esmea’s pov

"It depends on what you fancy? “He said cheekily.

"Depends on what I like."

"And what’s that? “He asked, raising his eyebrow.

"Well it seems to me that you know what you’re talking about so I guess I’ll let you decide.” I flirted back.

"Well I suppose that’s a good idea. “He said, picking up the menu.

"So Alex tell me how long have you been teaching for?” I asked once we ordered.

"This is my first year of teaching. “He said.

"And how are you liking it.”I asked.

"It’s good. Difficult at times but I wouldn’t want to for anything else. “He explained.

"What did you do before teaching?” I asked.

"Well I’m only twenty five so I was in Uni studying to become a teacher. “He said.

"Wait what? Are you serious?” I asked shocked. No way was he twenty five.

"I’m joking. I was a dentist for about four years but I quit. I just didn’t like the atmosphere. I mean the money was great and all, but it wasn’t something that I enjoyed. “He said, chuckling.

"Well I guess that’s good that you finally found what you want to do.” I said smiling.

"Yeah, how about you?"He asked as soon as the waitress left from bringing our drinks and two slices of chocolate cake each.

"Well when I was seventeen I went on tour with a band that you might know, but as of right now I’m just looking after Darcy and finding my feet. I mean I just recently moved her from Manchester."

"I knew I recognised you face. “He said, mostly to himself.

"Pardon?” I asked, confused.

"Well you first came in to come and collect Darcy you looked familiar to me."He explained.

"But how did you recognise me?” I asked.

"My younger sister loves you.She went to one of the shows that you had. “He explained.

"I don’t know what to say.” I said, gob smacked.

"Yeah.”She told me all about you and showed me pictures of you that she had up on her wall. “He said.” I know it’s creepy isn’t it.”He said, nervously.

"No I’m actually very flattered."

"Really? “He asked sipping his coffee.

"Yeah I’m just really shocked that people remember me.”I replied honestly.

"Why did you stop? “He asked.

"Well I had Darcy and I didn’t want to continue singing in front of people while I was pregnant and plus I didn’t think it would be safe, you know the constant travelling, dancing...”I replied.

"Do you miss it, like as in singing wise? “He asked.

"Yeah I do.” I replied taking a sip of the hot coco that he ordered for me.It tasted so good.

"This is really good stuff.” I said gesturing towards the hot coco.

"Yeah it’s my favourite. “He said smiling. “But wait until you try the chocolate cake, it’s to die for. It’s like heaven. “He said taking a spoon full of his cake before popping it into his mouth."Mmm."He said, before licking his lips.