Chapter 34

Esmea’s pov

Alex still hadn’t come back from the bathroom, frankly this was becoming a joke. I mean five minutes was kind of pushing it but fifteen minutes was ridiculous.

I got up out of the booth making my way towards the door but not quick enough.

“Esmea. “Alex called.

Well at least he didn’t ditch me.

I turned around to see him at another booth talking to another woman.

Wait what? How dare him.

I shook my head before storming out of the cafe.

I thought he was different. But he’s just like everyone else.

Useless and disappointing.

“Esmea. “He called again.

I didn’t look back.

“Esmea. “He said taking my hand.

“What Alex?” I asked, stopping.

“Why did you run off? “He asked turning me around so that I was facing him.

“Well I didn’t exactly enjoy waiting alone by myself for fifteen minutes.” I said sarcastically.

“Oh come on babe I was just talking to my sister. “He said.

“Oh come off it.Do you expect me to believe you?”I asked raising my eyebrow.

“Yes.”

“Well I don’t” I said before walking away.

“Esmea don’t do this. I promise you that it was my sister. I didn’t know that she was in town. So I wasn’t going to just walk past and ignore her, whoever I’m with. “He said. “No offence. He added.

Oh god now I feel guilty.

“I’m sorry Alex.” I apologised.” I would have done the same thing.”

“I’m sorry, I should have told you.”He said, looking down at the ground.

“No I shouldn’t have made up any assumptions.” I said. “I’m sorry.

“Its okay. “He said looking up.”You should know that I would never do that to you, you should know now like I would never look at another girl when I’m with you.”He admitted.

“I know that now.” I said, smiling.

“Are we okay now? “He asked.

“Never better.” I blushed. “Alex I have to get back.” I said.

“Oh okay. “He said, he seemed a bit dissapointed, he wasn’t the only one.

“I’ll see you tomorrow yeah?”I asked.

“Of course. “He said, smiling.

“Thank for the coffee and cake.”

“Any time. “He said before pulling me into a warm embrace. I wrapped my arms around his neck, resting my head on his chest.

“Goodbye Alex.” I said pulling away.

“Goodbye Esmea. “He replied before giving me quick wave. I waved back.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

Once I got into the car a smile appeared of my face. The date went well and it was all thanks to Alex.