Chapter 4

Esmea’s pov

“But mummy I really want to go to school.”She said crossing her arms over her chest.

“Honey just let do your hair then brush our teeth than we can go to school okay”I said crouching down.

“You promise mummy?”

“I promise baby.”I said kissing her fohead.

Darcy made her way to the kitchen before holding her arms out so that I could pick her up.Once I picked her up I sat Darcy on the breakfast ar before grabing her hairbrush that was on the sink.I don’t know how it got there.

“So how do you want your hair today?”I asked brushing out the knots in her long wavey hair.

“Bunny.”She said swinging her legs back and forth.After that was done Darcy raced towards the bathroom so that she could brush her teeth.Darcy was more excited then me on my first day of school .Then again I cried the whole day saying that I wanted to go home but I couldn’t because no one was home,my mother was working and well my dad he didn’t stick around.

******************************************************************************

“Finshed.”Darcy said running into the kitchen showing her teeth.She had a gap on the top row in the middle.

“Okay lets go sweethear.”I said holding out my hand.She grabed hold of my hand before dragging me along.

The school was only a five minnute walk so Darcy and I decided to walk.Darcy skipped off along the pavement playing hop scotch every now and again.

‘Mummy come play.”She said pulling me along.

I placed Darcy on my shoulder before I started to hop.Darcy laughed in my ear nearly making me go deaff.She sure has a loud laugh.

********************************************************************************

“Mummy lookie where here.”She said poting to the school gates.

I looked around memories comming back from when I attended school.All the mischevious me and my firends got up to.

“Come on Darcy I need to go to the office for a moment.”I said placing Darcy on the ground.

“Mummy can I go look around?”She asked battaling her eyelashes up at me.

“I don’t know Darcy.”I said pushing some hair out of her face.

“PLease I will be right her I promise.”She said tugging on my arm.

“Okay but I will gone for two minnutes max.”I said kissing her forhead.

“Thanks mummy.”She said wrapping her arms tightly around my neck.

I walked into the office to be greeted by an middle aged women about late twenties early thirties.

“Hello Welcome to Stanforard Elementary.”She said holding her hand out.

“Hello thanks.”

“And who will e joinging us today?”She asked looking around.

“My Daughter Darcy .”I said smiling.

“Well I hope that Darcy enjoys herself here.”She said.

“Don’t worry she’s already to start.”I said chuuckling.

“Well that’s a first.”

“What do you mean?”

“Well Darcy is the only five year old that seems to be happy to be here.”

“Well Darcy is a very well manedred girl so .”I said.

“Well Darcy will be in Mr Jenkins class which is locared in P7 .’She said handing me a map of the school.

“Well thankyou for your help see you.”

“By Mrs ..”

“Ms Armstrong.”I said waving.

“Darc.”I called.I looked around to see Dacry standing with a man with curly hair and a little boy that looked similar to the man.The older man must be his dad or something.For some reason the older man looked farmiliar but I couldn’t put my finger on it.

“Comming mummy.”She said walking over to me.

“Who was that?”I asked looking over to the man and the little boy.

“The little boy is called Trevor he is my new bestfriend.”She replied.

“Is that so?”I asked rasing my eyebrow.

“Yeah he’s over there.”

Before I could answer my phone went off.

“I’m  sorry I have to take this.”I said standing up,looking at the caller ID I saw that it was my baby brother

“Hello.”

“Esmea  I need you to do a couple of things for me.”My brother said.

“What is it Andrew.”

“Unki Andrew.”Darcy said jumping up and down.

“I was wondering if you could come and pick me up?”

“Where are you?”I asked.

“Umm I’m at the airport.”

“Okay I will be there soon.”

“Please hurry.”

“I’ll try.”I said hanging up the phone.

“Darcy baby I need to go get Unki Andrew okay.”

“Okay mummy.”

“Will you be okay?”I asked,

“Yeah I have Trevor.”She said linking arms with him.

“Okay.” I said kissing her on the forehead.

“I’m sorry baby I will be back as soon as I can.”

“Okay mummy.Loves you.”She giggled before placing a slobbery kiss on my cheek.

“Mummy Loves Darcy too.”I said kissing her forehead.She made her way over to Trevor and his dad.”Bye baby.”

“Bye mummy.”

“Come on kids.”I heard Trevor’s dad say.

I didn’t even get to look at his face I was in too much of an hurry to go get my brother.I raced home before getting into my car before heading to the airport.

********************************************************************************

Andrew was waiting outside the airport sitting on his suitcases.

“Andrew what happened?”I asked stepping out of the car .

“She kicked me out.”He said his hands covering his eyes.

“Come here.”I said holding my arms out.Andrew ran into my arms nearly knocking me over in the process.”It’s gonna be okay.”I said rubbing his back.

“I’m so sorry I know it was Darcy’s first day today but I didn’t know what else I could do.”He said sobbing into my chest.

“It’s fine don’t worry about it.I don’t think Darcy wanted me there anyway.”I joked.Andrew laughed a little bit.

“Now let’s get you home and catch up yeah?”I asked pulling away but my hand were still on  his shoulder.

“Okay.”He said picking up his suitcases before placing them in the boot of my car.