Chapter 28

Esmea’s pov

"Come on Darcy, mummy needs to go shopping to get a few things.” I said to Darcy.

"Okay. Can we have something to eat while we’re out? “She asked slipping her boots on.

"I suppose so.Where would you like to go?” I asked, grabbing the house keys off the bench.

"Nandos? “She asked.

"Sure.” I replied holding my hand out so Darcy could grab it.

Once we made it outside I suggested that we could walk to Nandos seeing that it was such a nice day. Darcy nodded before pulling me along the street. I’m glad that she seems to be in a better mood than what she was this morning.

"Mum do you think Trevor will be there tomorrow? “Darcy asked before slowing down.

"I’m not sure hun."I replied.

"Oh okay. “She said before sighing.

"Hey Darcy want to have a race?” I asked.

"Sure. “She replied smiling up at me showing off her dimples that she had.

"Okay. Why don’t we skip the rest of the way and see who’s the best skipper?"

"Yay okay ready set go. “She squealed before skipping along dragging me along behind her.

I’m not stupid. I wasn’t going to let her go on a public street next to a busy road.

Darcy didn’t seem to notice so that was a good thing. Plus I think she knew that it wasn’t safe either.

"Do you want to stay here and eat or go to the park and eat?” I asked Darcy once we had arrived in Nandos.

"The park it’s too stuffy in here."Darcy replied once we got in line.

"Next please. “Said the lady at the front desk.

"Hello I’d like to order some food to go please.” I said.

"Sure what would you like to order? “She asked taking out a pen from her pocket and a piece of paper from underneath the counter.

"I would like to grab a kid’s meal and one classic chicken burger please.” I replied.

"And to drink? “She asked.

"No drinks thanks.” I replied.

"Dining here or takeaway? “She asked.

"Takeaway please.” I replied.

"No problem that will be $15.25."She said .I gave her the correct change, “Thanks love shouldn’t be too long."She replied before writing my order down. She then gave our order to one of the many waitresses who went back behind a wooden door into which I’m guessing was the preparation room. Or should I say the chef’s kitchen.

I took Darcy’s hand and moved over to the right hand side so that we weren’t blocking the customers who were waiting patiently ready to be served.

I was thinking about what was going to happen on Thursday when I was supposed to meet up with Niall and the rest of the boys excluding Harry of course. I was petrified to say the least.

What if they hated me for leaving them? It wasn’t exactly my decision in leaving. Well it was but it’s not like I wanted to leave them. They were like the brothers that I never had. I mean yes I have Andrew but they were there for me when Andrew wasn’t. They kind of replaced Andrew while I was on tour with them. They didn’t replace him in the way that I pushed Andrew out. They were just there for me when Andrew couldn’t be there.

They acted like they were my brothers. They took care, protected me when I got hate and they comforted me when times were tough like when Harry and I broke up. They were right there drying my tears holding me in a comforting way and just being there for me not saying anything which was what I needed most times.

And for all that I’m truly grateful that I had gotten the chance to meet such fun loving caring lads.

My train of thought was interrupted when I heard two children laughing next to me.I looked down to see Darcy and Trevor giggling. I smiled at the sight of the two...

Wait hold on why’s Trevor here? If he’s here that must mean that he isn’t too far away. I looked up to scan the room to see if I could spot the boy with the curls. I did and he was staring at me with his mouth hung open. My eyes widened at the sight of him, not just him but the rest of the boys. Oh god no this isn’t good. I looked back away .After a second of trying to compose myself I felt a hand on my shoulder. I froze. Then I took a sigh of relief when I looked up and saw Niall smiling at me.I mean if it was him I wouldn’t know what to do. Well yeah I do. I know for a fact that I would take Darcy and run leaving him and my food behind.

"Hey Niall."I replied giving him a quick hug.

"Niall!"Darcy screamed before attacking him leg.

"Hey Darcy. “He said before picking her up.

"Niall how do you know Darcy? “Trevor asked who was standing next to me.

"I’m very good friends with her mother."Niall replied looking down at Trevor before smiling at me.

"Oh. “Trevor replied.Niall placed Darcy back down.

Trevor and Darcy immediately began talking once more.

"Hey Esmea do you want to have lunch with me and the boys?"Niall asked,

"I’m sorry Niall I can’t.” I replied before grabbing my food.

"Oh come on please all the boys miss you."He pleaded.

"I’m sorry tell the boys I said hello. Anyway I’ll see them on Thursday.” I said before taking Darcy’s hand.

"Are you sure. Harry won’t mind you joining us."Niall said.

"It’s fine Niall me and Darcy have some shopping to do.” I said.

"Okay. “He said before giving me a quick hug. “Wait so you’ve asked Harry if he could look after Darcy yet?"

"No I’ll ask him tomorrow.” I said hugging him back.

"Good luck."

"Thanks I’ll need it.”I said smiling.

"Bye babe. “He said kissing me on the cheek then he crouched down before kissing Darcy’s cheek, she just giggled before wrapping her tiny arms around his neck before she kissed him on the cheek. Darcy then kissed Trevor on the cheek before giving him a quick hug. After Darcy pulled away, she and Trevor’s cheeks were both quite pink.

"Bye Niall."Darcy and I replied in unison before walking away.