Surprise

Mina stood lifelessly in front of the mirror backstage as only twenty minutes are left until the concert starts. She looked at herself and tried to control her tears.

"Geureon nari isseo
Gapjagi honjain geonman gateun nal" Mina sang Chaeyoung's lines in Feel Special in a crying voice.

"Eodil gado nae jariga anin geonman gatgo
Gogaen tteolgweojineun nal" Nayeon who was sitting lifelessly followed along with Mina.

"If I knew that such a day would come, I'd never agreed to debut with Twice" Mina dropped some tears.

"I can't believe she really left" Nayeon cried along making all the other girls get emotional.

"You guys are going to ruin your make-up crying like this"

"Chaeyoung-ah!" Nayeon and Mina jumped stood "you came!"

"What? You thought I won't come to support you in your concert" Chaeyoung elbowed Nayeon.

"Yah! This was supposed to be your concert too" Sana argued "you were supposed to be with us"

"Unnie! You're supposed to be happy for me" Chaeyoung hit Sana's shoulder "I'm going to debut in two weeks"

"Of course I'm happy for you. We're all happy for you but you belong to us" Sana had teary eyes.

"You covered my part for months when I got sick, now I have to cover your part forever" Mina started to cry.

"Oh no no no! No one is going to cry" Chaeyoung said "I want you all to look pretty, don't ruin your make up. The show is going to start in ten minutes you need to go"

The girls took their positions to start and Chaeyoung went to the audience rows to take her seat. Her eyes were teary and for a whole moment she felt extremely guilty for leaving.

"If leaving them hurts you that much, why did you do it?" Mr. Seungwon said as he looked at his sad daughter.

"What do you know?" Chaeyoung shrugged.

"You're right, I know nothing" he turned his gaze to the stage "I'm just saying you could've stayed with them while leaving the agency"

"Again, what do you know?" Chaeyoung gritted her teeth without looking at him.

"Again, I know nothing, I was just saying"

Chaeyoung promised Yugyeom to meet her father so she thought that going to Twice's concert would be a chance for them to mend their relationship.

"Thank you for bringing me to a place you like" Mr. Seungwon smiled.

"The show is starting" Chaeyoung tried to ignore him.

As expected the show was amazing but there was something missing, Chaeyoung. The team was incomplete so fans were upset but they've always respected Chaeyoung's decision so they gave her a round of shouting when they knew that she's in the audience. The concert was successfully wrapped up and Chaeyoung is supposed to have an after show dinner with the girls but she needed to see her father off first.
Chaeyoung along with her father left the venue and went to his car.

"How was it?" Chaeyoung asked her father about the concert.

"I pretty much enjoyed it but something was missing" Mr. Seungwon looked carefully at her.

"Why so you keep saying this?" Chaeyoung felt annoyed.

"You wanted my opinion" Mr. Seungwon said then hesitated to ask her something "Chaeyoung-ah?"

"What?"

"Why the concert?" He asked "you know we were supposed to meet over dinner or a cup of tea not a concert"

"Because we don't get to talk a lot during the concert" Chaeyoung shrugged.

"Chaeyoung-ah, I don't have too much time left. You know I'm sick"

"That doesn't change the fact that you're bad and I'm not happy with you" Chaeyoung gave him a death glare "you were doing just fine, I don't understand why"

"Chaeyoung-ah! Life is not as easy as you think it is" Mr. Seungwon sighed.

"Anyway, I don't plan to ruin my mood now I'm meeting the girls for dinner"
Chaeyoung bid goodbye to her father and drove to the restaurant she's supposed to meet the girls at. She was very happy and excited but she didn't know that the girls have a surprising request for her.