Nine Or None

Chaeyoung spent one of the best times ever, she laughed a lot and enjoyed the boys' good company. She was really pleased to meet and recuperate her relationship with them. As they finished having dinner, they all gathered at the living room for some tea and chit chat but Chaeyoung got surprised by a sudden phone call from Mina. She rejected the calls many times until Yoongi noticed and told her to take it lest there is an emergency.

"Minari!" Chaeyoung picked up.

"Chaeyoung-ah, where are you?"

"Why? What's wrong?" Chaeyoung asked.

"The girls and PD-nim want to see you"

"But I don't want to see him" Chaeyoung got angry "I've been humiliated enough for one day"

"Chaeyoung-ah! We're disbanding are you aware of this" Mina begged "please just hear us out this time, just this once"

"Look I'm not home and I'm enjoying myself right now, I don't want him to ruin this"

"Suga sunbaenim is with you now right?" Mina asked without expecting an answer "give him the phone please"

Chaeyoung gave up and heaved a deep sigh.

"What is it?" Yoongi asked.

"Mina wants to talk to you" Chaeyoung whispered while covering the phone.

"About what?" He asked again.

"I don't know, just take it" Chaeyoung gave him the phone.

"Mina-sshi!" Yoongi called "what is it about?"

"I know you're upset with us and all but it's serious and Chaeyoung won't cooperate. Please let us meet her right now" Mina begged in a broken voice "I'm aware that it's mean to interrupt a couple at such a late hour but it's a mess"

"I wish I could help but we're not home right now" Yoongi said "Chaeyoung can barely walk and we're a bit far. You can come to see her tomorrow"

"Hyung!" Namjoon whispered to Yoongi "tell her come here. We won't mind if it's an emergency" Namjoon said as he looked at the members asking for approval.

"Alright, can you come to the dorm?" Yoongi said to Mina "I'll send you the address"

Chaeyoung felt extremely annoyed by this sudden change. She was enjoying her time but now she has to deal with Park Jinyoung again.

"Chaeyoung-sshi?" Namjoon interrupted her thoughts "you should really decide what you want otherwise meeting them and discussing this all over again would be useless"

"I know what I want but he doesn't understand, he only cares about Twice"

"Look sometimes you have to make tough decisions" Namjoon said "I understand that you cherish your work with the girls but this is your future and you need to think about it a bit selfishly"

"We don't need to discuss this now, maybe they're not coming to talk about this" Yoongi said then stopped as he heard the doorbell "we'll see about this in a moment"
Yoongi went to open the door and Chaeyoung was very uncomfortable that the boys were able to notice. Jinyoung followed by momo, Tzuyu Jihyo and Dahyun walked in wearing gloomy faces. They greeted the boys then had a seat.

"Nayeon, Sana, Jeongyeon and Mina unnie" Chaeyoung named the missing members "where are they?"

"They're a bit upset with me so they refused to come" Jinyoung said.

"What is it about?" Chaeyoung asked then chuckled humourlessly "that'd stupid to say, I know why you are here"

"Look Chaeyoung-ah, you know I have no doubt about your skills I just don't want what happened with Miss A to happen again" Jinyoung said "they were my winning card but the moment Suzy went solo everything fell apart"

"Suzy Sunbaenim's case was an anomaly, if only her teammates were a bit supportive, they would've been still active"

"Look Chaeyoung-ah--"

"PD-nim" Chaeyoung interrupted him feeling extremely irritated "I'm Not begging you, in fact I would never do that, I've already made up my mind but I'm just stating facts"

"You've made up your mind?" Tzuyu felt surprised.

"Yes" Chaeyoung looked stern "I'm leaving"

A heavy moment of silence surfaced in the house, nothing was heard. Only sorrow and shock were seen.

"So that's it?" Tzuyu said in a crying voice "we're stopping here? PD-nim!" Tzuyu called Jinyoung while crying.

"Chaeyoung-ah?" Jinyoung was taken aback.

"I'm sorry but it has to happen" Chaeyoung said "you humiliated me and I don't appreciate this"