Hidden Cards III

Yoongi went back home feeling overwhelmed by the story Rosé told him. He feared Chaeyoung's reaction when she hears it, still he decided to not tell her. He walked inside the house to find Chaeyoung squeezed on the couch and lost in thoughts that she didn't pay attention he arrived. Yoongi sat next to her and waved his hands to get her attention. 

"What are you thinking about?" he asked.

"About my shitty life" Chaeyoung said without looking at him.

"What's wrong?" he moved closer to her.

"Dad is getting back to Yugyeom's mother" Chaeyoung showed annoyance "Why am I still calling him dad?"

"Because he's your father" Yoongi said making her look at him suspiciously "Chaeyoung-ah! Why don't you take the easiest road? Forget about him and focus on what's important to you. Things that make you happy"

"it's as you said he's my father. No matter how much I try to ignore it, it still concerns me"

"But he's not stopping. Does that mean you're going to be like that for the rest of your life" Yoongi said "Look at the bright side, he's getting back to his wife, that means we don't get to see Suran anymore"

"It's because he reported her" Chaeyoung said "When he knew that she came here to see you, he reported her but for drug consumption"

"That's a relief!" Yoongi breathed out.

"Aren't you wondering who told him though?" Chaeyoung looked at him seeking his answer "no one knows about her coming here still, my father knew somehow"

"Maybe she told him"

"Oh come on!" Chaeyoung flinched "she's not that stupid"

"Why are you worried anyway?" Yoongi asked.

"Jagi!" Chaeyoung moved closer to him "I'm smelling something fishy. Everyone is acting weird even Yugyeom, he scared me today. When I went to talk to him he started yelling at me because I spoke ill of my father"

"You know how much Yugyeom loves your father" Yoongi said "he'd defend him no matter what"

"But he cheated on his mother" Chaeyoung raised her voice a bit "I can't make room for it"

"You don't have to, Chaeng-ah" Yoongi lifted her chin up "you have a huge career to focus on so forget about who upsets you"

Yoongi stood to take a shower but suddenly stopped and looked at Chaeyoung.

"Ah! I asked about your manager" he said "she's behaving like that because she's been involved in a controversy with an artist before that's why she's acting weird"

"Weird cannot describe it" Chaeyoung stood up and pushed him "go wash up and let's have dinner. Im starving.... and..." Chaeyoung raised an eyebrow.

"And what?" Yoongi looked carefully at her "why am I scared right now"

"Don't be" Chaeyoung chuckled "it's not scary at all"