My Friend?

Chaeyoung felt more curious to know who did this to her. She immediately ended the call with manager Nayeon and called Jun Kil.

"Ah? Chaeyoung-ah?" Jun Kil answered the call.

"Oppa! Do you happen to be close with someone called Sejin?" Chaeyoung asked.

"The Bangtan manager?"

"Yes"

"Yes, why?" Jun Kil asked.

"Did you ever tell him that I disapprove my relationship with Yoongi?"

"Yes, I did as you told" Jun Kil wondered.

"When did I?" Chaeyoung interrupted him "I never talked to you about it, did I?"

"But Jihyo told me to do that because you wanted it" Jun Kil explained.

"What? Jihyo unnie told you to do so?" Chaeyoung sighed.

"Weren't you the one who told her to tell me?" Jun Kil asked confusedly.

"I never asked for such a thing" Chaeyoung said "I personally called PD-nim and confirmed that I'm dating Suga"

"Maybe Jihyo received fake information" Jun Kil said.

"Or maybe she faked it" Chaeyoung said.

"Why would she ... She's your teammate" Jun Kil said.

"I'll talk to her then I'll call you back" Chaeyoung said.

Chaeyoung felt extremely suspicious towards Jihyo. The latter was unpleased when the news about Chaeyoung and Suga dating broke out. Chaeyoung noticed that but she never gave it much thought until she had to. She walked to the living room where all the members were gathered for dinner and quietly had a seat.

"Chaeng-ah! Where were you?" Mina asked.

"I went out for a walk" Chaeyoung hid her rage.

"You have to be careful Chaeyoung-ah" Jihyo said "you can't walk alone at night"

"I wasn't alone" Chaeyoung smirked as she looked at Jihyo "I have a boyfriend now, expect me to be with him whenever I have free time"

"A boyfriend?" Jihyo widened her eyes.

"Yes, why are you surprised?" Chaeyoung smirked "I've already told you that we're dating"

"What about the news?" Jeongyeon asked.

"I checked with Jun Kil Oppa and he said that he's been told to deny the news. This is why bighit released that statement"

"But how come you're still dating" Jihyo acted uneasy.

"Still!" Chaeyoung chuckled "unnie! We didn't break up in first place" Chaeyoung rolled her eyes "just because you made that dirty trick doesn't mean we'll fall for it easily and break up"

"Yah! What ... What are you talking about?" Jihyo mutered.

"You know what I'm talking about" Chaeyoung stood up and slammed her fork "do you think I'm an idiot? Jun Kil Oppa told me everything"

"Yah! Chaeyoung-ah! What's wrong with you?" Nayeon asked "why are you being like this?"

"You want to know why I'm being like this?" Chaeyoung gave Jihyo a death glare "this leader wannabe told Jun Kil Oppa that I disapprove my relationship with Yoongi Oppa and Jun Kil Oppa informed Yoongi's company to deny the rumours"

"You must be mistaken Chaeyoung-ah, why would Jihyo do such a thing?" Sana said.

"Maybe Jun Kil Oppa misunderstood" Tzuyu said.

"I never talked to him about this, I only talked to PD-nim and told him that we're dating" Chaeyoung said

"Jihyo-yah! What the hell is that?" Jeongyeon asked.

"I'm not forced to talk about this" Jihyo stood up to leave.

"I'm sorry but you are forced to talk about this" Chaeyoung blocked her way.

"What forces me?" Jihyo crossed her arms.

"You don't want your ten years of training to go in vain, do you?" Chaeyoung smirked "you know the easiest thing I can do is to call PD-nim and expose your shitty envious personality"

"Chaeyoung-ah! Calm down" Jeongyeon said as she pulled Chaeyoung away from Jihyo "we'll figure something out, just don't get too angry"

"Jihyo-yah! What happened?" Nayeon asked "Did you really do this?"

"Yes, and so what?" Jihyo said "I'm the team leader, I do what is best for everyone here"

"Yeah you're the team leader" Chaeyoung walked angrily to Jihyo "you give a pathetic speech like you always do then you step back, you have nothing to do with our lives"

"Chaeyoung-ah you're rebelling" Jihyo argued.

"You call this a rebel? Why? Because I exposed your dirty self" Chaeyoung ironically sighed "face it JIHYO-YAH. You've always been jealous of me, since trainee days but I never gave it any importance because I believe in myself. I always thought that it's okay it's a mere rivalry nothing much. But you were desperate Jihyo-yah, too desperate to beat me. You work days and nights not to improve but to beat Chaeyoung and that's why you're not gaining any recognition because you're pathetic. Call me mean and I won't care cuz this is a fact"

"Is that all?" Jihyo dropped a tear "this is what you think of me?"

"This isn't what I think of you, this is the real you. I still remember and it hurts. We were trainees in Sixteen everyone chose their opponent and you chose me as your opponent, why? Not because you want to prove that you're better but to bring Chaeyoung down. I still remember what you said; 'she's been in Major enough, it's time she goes down' "

"Chaeyoung-ah! Let's just go outside" Tzuyu pulled Chaeyoung "you need some fresh air. Let's stay at the balcony"

Tzuyu went outside with Chaeyoung leaving the other girls in deep shock. They all stood facing Jihyo who didn't know how to react too. She sat on the couch and held her head with both her hands.

"What to do now?" Jeongyeon broke the silence "what are we supposed to do?"

"Jihyo-yah! Why did you become like this?" Nayeon scolded "what happened to you?"

"It was her fault not mine" Jihyo said.

"Let's assume that you're right" Sana said "what's the mistake she committed? She fell in love? She found the right guy?"

"He's not the right guy" Jihyo stood up "she's dating the wrong person?"

"Why?" Sana asked "look, you need to explain because we're very disappointed in you. Why is he the wrong person?"

"Look through the internet and you'll understand how I feel" Jihyo said as she left to her room.