Nine Or None II

Chaeyoung bitterly announced that she's leaving JYP. She insisted that she doesn't want to work in a place in which she's appreciated. The girls as well as Jinyoung were do overwhelmed that they couldn't say a word.

"Think about us Chaeyoung-ah" Momo broke the silence with her crying voice "we can't continue without you"

"I'm sorry unnie, PD-nim should've thought of that before looking down on me" Chaeyoung avoided Momo's stares.

"I didn't look down on you Chaeyoung-ah, I've already told you what I'm concerned about" Jinyoung said "I just did want that happened to Miss A to happen to you, that's all"

"Why did you come PD-nim?" Chaeyoung looked annoyed "if you came to convince me to stay then you've terribly failed"

"Okay you got this" Jinyoung exhaled "you stay with the girls and you debut solo"

"Aigooo!" Chaeyoung chuckled humourlessly "What about my pride?" Chaeyoung looked at him furiously "the one stepped on, what about it? Or I should feel happy because you forced yourself to debut me so Twice doesn't disband" Chaeyoung held her head "woaaaah! I've never imagined that this how you looked at me for seven years"

"Chaeyoung-ah! You're so wrong. I really cherish everyone of you but ---"

" The agency is the one who decides who debuts and who doesn't. There are a lot of things to look at" Chaeyoung interrupted Jinyoung as she reminded him of what he said to her "this is what you said to me earlier. What are the things the agency looks at but I don't have?"

Jinyoung was put in a very bad position. Not only did he look merciless but he also lost one of his greatest artists. Chaeyoung's words made him thunderstruck and he didn't know what to say but he decided to be honest with her.

"Fame" Jinyoung said breaking the silence "we take fame into consideration and you're not very famous"

"I agree, I totally agree" Chaeyoung nodded her head "but do you know why I'm not very famous? I was very famous during Sixteen but what happened now? Look PD-nim, I've sacrificed for seven years and I thought it's time you sacrifice for me but you hurt me and I don't appreciate it" Chaeyoung felt very and angry and tried to stand up to leave "and I can't even storm out because my leg is wounded" she yelled then sat back.

"So there's no way out of this?" Jihyo said.

"I'm sorry but no" Chaeyoung said.

"I know this isn't my business but..." Jhope interfered "if Chaeyoung was famous would you have agreed that she goes solo?"

"Of course, she has everything" Jinyoung smiled slightly "she can sing, dance and she's a great rapper why wouldn't I let her debut"

"I don't mean to be rude but .. I think you're the one to blame here" Jhope said "Chaeyoung was very famous before she debuted and it's not her fault she's not famous now"

"You're right" Jinyoung lowered his head "I'm so sorry Chaeyoung-ah. I really am"

"No matter how you meant it to be, I'm really upset with you PD-nim" Chaeyoung dropped a tear.

Jinyoung felt self disappointment. He's always tried to be a perfect boss but he has terribly failed. He felt very embarrassed especially when Jhope made him realise that he's the reason Chaeyoung is having a hard time as an artist. Everything was given up on after Chaeyoung announced that she's not staying with them. The girls felt extremely sad that their group may actually disband but no matter what happens it's not Chaeyoung's fault.
Yoongi helped Chaeyoung walk to the door to escort them but Jihyo asked to talk to Chaeyoung in private.

"What is it?" Chaeyoung asked.

"During TWICE meeting you said that I changed myself to gain recognition but it didn't work" Jihyo hesitated "what did you mean?"

"Unnie, you have a huge talent with which you can impress people" Chaeyoung explained "changing yourself for them will make it fake"

"What do you mean changing myself?"

"You know exactly what I mean" Chaeyoung flinched "me and you are the least famous members so you changed you appearance and style and started acting sexy to grab attention when you can actually grab people's attention by your talent not body"

Jihyo lowered her head without a word as if admitting what's Chaeyoung said at the same time she felt hurt by the truth.

"I'm not trying to hurt you unnie, I was just honest" Chaeyoung caressed Jihyo's shoulder.

"So you're no longer upset with me" Jihyo asked "have you really forgotten what I've done to you?"

"I did unnie, I did"

Chaeyoung bid goodbye to Jihyo and went back inside to rejoin the boys.