Chapter Thirty-Nine

One year later

Rocky's P.O.V

(On the phone with Nikki)

"So when do you want him?" Nikki asks, annoyed.

"I can pick him up in twenty minutes." I sigh.

"I'm not going to be home in twenty minutes. I can drop him off in ten." She snaps.

"Okay. I'll see you then." I say and hang up.

I sigh and set my phone on the nightstand next to me. "Mornin', babe." Taliya whispers with a small smile.

I lean down and kiss her lips lightly. "Mornin', Luke is going to be here in ten minutes." I state as I get up.

She nods and rubs her stomach. I push up her shirt and kiss her large baby bump. She smiles down at me and I throw on some clothes.

Let me catch you up.. Nikki and I get along, but only talk about Luke, our son. Taliya and I are having a baby girl. Nikki and I agreed that Luke is going to move in with me because she needs to go back to work and Riker is uncomfortable taking care of him.

I hear someone ring the doorbell. I quickly rush to open it. Luke latches onto my legs. "Dada!" He exclaims.

I smile and lift him up. "He's been up for hours. You might wanna put him down for a nap around eleven." Nikki says as she hands me the bag.

I nod. "Okay, thanks." I say and close the door.

"Tal-ya!" Luke yells and reaches for Taliya.

She opens her arms. "Hi, baby!" She exclaims and takes him from me. "Say Taliya."

"Tale-e-ya, Taliya!" He claps for himself.

I laugh and she sits at the table. "Want daddy to make breakfast?" She smiles.

He nods. "Ya!" He yells.

I start to make pancakes. "Are you excited to be a big brother, Luke?" I ask as I flip the pancake.

He nods as Taliya sets him in his high chair. "Yeah," he giggles as I give him tiny pieces of pancake.

Taliya and I quickly eat and sh throws a pancake at me. "What the hell!?" I yell.

She giggles and runs upstairs. "Dada, I tiwed (tired in a baby voice)." Luke complains.

I nod and quickly clean up. "Alright, come on. We'll go take a nap. you wanna sleep in my room?" I offer as we walk upstairs.

He shakes his head and falls asleep in my arms. I lay him in his room and bring the baby monitor in my room. I set it on my nightstand. I lay next to Taliya, on my side, holding her close to me. She rests her hand on her stomach and smiles. "She wants to say hi to her daddy." Taliya whispers.

I slide down, between her legs. I lift her shirt. "Hi, baby girl. Almost ready? Daddy's excited to meet you." I smile.

I hold my hand on her stomach and feel my baby kick. "Can we name her Hazel?" Taliya asks softly.

I nod. "Yes, it's a beautiful name. For a beautiful baby." I smile before laying back down next to her. I hold her until we both fall asleep.

~~~~

"Rocky!" My eyes shoot open. "Rocky! Come here!" I rush to the bathroom and open the door. "My water just broke." Taliya squeals.

I call an ambulance and bring Luke to the hospital with me. My mom watches him as I go back to the labor room. Taliya squeezes my hand and yelps in pain.

~~

"Here," I whisper and hand Taliya the beautiful baby.

She smiles and takes the baby. "Oh, Rocky! She looks just like Luke!" Taliya exclaims lowly.

I nod. "Yeah.." I smile.

"Ms. Scott, is it okay if we take her?" A nurse asks.

Taliya nods and hands Hazel to the nurse. She takes Hazel away and Taliya pulls me over her. "Rocky, words can't describe how happy I am." She says with a smile.

I kiss her, lightly.