Chapter Twenty-Eight

We are seated at a large table. Rocky places his hand on my thigh as he orders. I lay my head on his shoulder. "You look pretty, Nikki." Riker smiles sweetly.

"Thank you." I blush.

Rydel asks, "what'd you get?"

I sit up, lacing mine and Rocky's fingers together. "I'm just gonna eat some of Rocky's. I'm not that hungry." I sigh.

She nods as the food is set in front of us. I take my fork and pick at Rocky's shrimp dish. "Baby, please eat some more." Rocky begs after I say I'm full.

"Rocky, I'm full. I'm not hungry anymore." I whine.

He sighs. "Eat one more piece of shrimp." He demands and holds out his fork. I bite the shrimp off his fork and eat it. "Thank you." He pecks my lips quickly. "Why won't you eat?" He asks as we walk to his room.

I shrug. "I wasn't hungry. Why can't you leave it at that?" I ask with tears streaming down my face.

He takes both of my hands. "Because I know it's more than that." He wipes my tears. "Tell me, Nikki." He growls.

"Why do you keep texting Taliya?" I ask as more tears make their way down my face.

His eyes widen. "Babe, I-"

I cut him off by standing up. "Leave me alone." I cry and walk out of the room. I walk to the bathroom and close the door. I sit on the toilet and sob into my hands for a few minutes.

There was a soft knock on the door. "Can I explain?" Rocky begs.

Loving him as much as I do, I open the door and walk to his room. I sit on the bed, waiting for him to talk.

"Babe, I promise nothing's going on between us." He says assuringly.

I nod. "Okay, I trust you. Just... Why me though, Rocky?" I ask as more tears appear.

He tries to wipe them. "Why what, love?" He asks.

"Why are you dating me? Why did you have to cheat on me? Why-" he cut me off by shoving his lips onto mine.

I give in and kiss back. I fall backwards, causing Rocky to climb over me. He pulls back and strokes my cheek lightly. "That's why. There's always sparks between us. That's why I'm with you. I know you're mad at me for the Taliya thing.. I get it. Babe, please. Just... Just watch. I'm planning something special for us and you need to trust me." He says with tears brimming his eyes.

I nod and slide out from under him. I pull off my dress and put on one of his shirts. I take out my earrings and take off my bracelets, setting them on the dresser. He throws off his shirt and pants as I climb into bed. I cuddle into his chest and we talk for a while.

We never just talk. We never just lay here and laugh. I'm glad he's my boyfriend. He's amazing. He's sweet, caring.. He knows how to make me feel better.

Soon after we finish talking and giggling, he falls asleep. His head on my chest, his arm around my waist, and his leg over both of mine. I play with his, soft, hair for a while.