Chapter Twelve

{two days later}

Nikki's P.O.V

I look up at Rocky and smile at him. "We should take showers." He suggests.

I grin evilly. "Or a shower." I whisper as I trace his abs and kiss his neck.

He leans his head back, exposing more skin. "Babe," he moans. "We sh-should shower." He says, gripping the sheets next to him tightly with white knuckles.

"But-" I started.

He shook his head. "No buts. I know what you're trying to do, we have to get up." He snaps.

I pull back and look at him, shocked. "Okay... Um, well I'll take a shower." I say getting up and gathering my clothes. I walk to the bathroom and close the door, rather loudly. I turn on the water and step in. Why'd he snap at me? What did I do? I sigh and turn off the water. I dry off and dress in different clothes. I brush through my hair for a few minutes before walking out.

I try to avoid Rocky, but fail. "Hey, are you okay?" He asks as he pulls my waist so its touching his.

"Yeah, fine." I say as I pull out of his grip. I walk into the kitchen and get out a water.

He sits at the counter and looks at me. "Nikki, what's wrong?" He asks quietly.

I shrug. "I said nothing." I whine.

"Nik, it's something." He says.

I glare at him before giving in. "I don't know why you snapped at me earlier. You seem like you don't even care about how I feel lately. It's pissing me off." I groan.

He looks at me with wide eyes. "You don't get it Nikki. If you knew what was going on in my life you'd understand." He snaps again.

"That's exactly it, Rocky! You're supposed to let me in! I'm your girlfriend for fuck sake!" I yell at him before storming out of the house.

"Okay, then don't be my girlfriend and leave!" He yells.

Those words broke my heart. "A year Rocky! A whole year and you didn't bother to tell me anything that was going on in your life!" I cry. "I gave you everything. Everything that's important to a girl! I gave you my heart, my love, my virginity, but you couldn't care less." I say as he approaches me.

He swipes my tears away. "I know. I'm sorry, I didn't mean any of it, babe." He whispers.