XLII- play the game

a/n: Hello! First of all I'd like to thank everyone who commented on my last author's note. It was very interesting to see who everyone liked and I was quite surprised with the mix of results. So thank you!

And the actual reason I'm making this note is to ask you to go and visit 'my notebook' to see some amazing fanart of the characters in this book by @Astre777 . They're incredibly skilled so I'm sure you'd love to check them out!

Thanks you again to everyone who's reading and I hope you enjoy this chapter- the final chapter of round two!!

-L.T. May

day 32

The past few days hadn't seen any improvement in the state of mind of either Angelo or Bella. They had hardly looked at each other as Bella cut herself off from everyone, the paranoia consumed her mind.

Angelo was trying to function normally but seeing a message from someone who lived in the house before was different from just hearing about it. He hadn't told anyone else thus far, he didn't want Max or (Y/n) to doubt him like Bella did.

He didn't know that (Y/n) was already dubious of him thanks to what Bella told her. (Y/n) wasn't quite as concerned as her counterpart clearly was but was being heedful around him anyway.

Late one evening (Y/n) slowly opened up Bella's door and knocked the inside of her wall gently enough to not startle her but hard enough for her to hear.

"Bella? I'm going to come in if that's okay." (Y/n) stepped inside to see that various bits of furniture in her room had been moved to clear space and everything that had been on the walls had been taken down. (Y/n) stared around at the scene that Bella stood in the middle of.

It was the first time since getting there that (Y/n) was seeing Bella without makeup and perfectly styled hair. She'd developed dark circles under her eyes. "What do you want?" She snapped.

(Y/n) frowned at her. When she first met Bella she'd been so intimidated by her and now Bella just seemed so... Defeated.

"I think you should come out of your room..."

"Why should I? Huh?! I took a bunch of food up here with me, I've got water, I've got everything I need!" Bella cried out, gesturing all around her wildly.

(Y/n) cringed at the display, she hadn't expected the first mental break to come on this early. "I think you should talk to Angelo-"

"No." Bella said sharply. It wasn't just what Angelo had done that got her like this, he had just been the catalyst for her breakdown. It was a much harder hit to find out someone she trusted was operating against her than someone she was already suspicious of. The incident left her trust in (Y/n) and Max dwindling as well, she just felt alone.

"Oh, there you are, (Y/n)." Hana walked inside and both (Y/n) and Bella looked over to her. Bella's already dark eyes somehow went several shades darker as they twitched uncontrollably.

"Get. Out." Bella spat at the intrusion.

"I was looking for-"

"I don't care! Fucking leave!" Bella's screech made Hana block her ears and wince at the volume and pitch.

"It's fine, I was just going." (Y/n) murmured, deciding she's try to get through to Bella another time.