XXI- slip up

day 8

Tension was thick in the air. Dottie was sat on the edge of Eli's bed having just got dressed and was anxiously fiddling with her fingers as Eli got dressed.

Dottie's near tearful violet eyes would occasionally look to Eli to see if he still had that same rage filled expression on his face. Everytime she'd checked he did. 'I've apologized like twenty times! What more does he want?!'

"I'll sorry-"

"Save it." Eli huffed, tugging his shirt over his head to make himself fully clothed.

"I don't get why you're so mad... It's not like you're my boyfriend." Dottie said quietly, she had to admit that Eli did frighten her a bit.

"I'm mad becuase...Ugh! I don't need to explain myself to you!" He yelled at the brunette, his own envy reflected in his green eyes.

But what was the root of said jealousy?

Dottie and Eli had continued their rendezvous throughout the past week but today's had been different for today they'd barely begun and Dottie said the wrong name.

It wasn't like Eli wasn't also imagining someone else in Dottie's place but at least he had the decency to keep that shit in his head. The sound of another person sensually moaning out for (Y/n) plagued Eli's mind and filled him with fury.

It was hypocritical, very hypocritical, of both of them to be so jealous of (Y/n) just being friends with others while Dottie and Eli were having sexual relations but both of them needed to direct all this energy somewhere.

"It was an honest mistake, just.... Please don't get mad at (Y/n)." Dottie begged, her voice breaking as she thought of how (Y/n) would react if she ever found out about this. "Oh god, please don't tell her, Eli!"

He watched Dottie carefully. On the one hand he now knew for a fact that Dottie had feelings for (Y/n) and destroying their chances of being together seemed pretty attractive at the moment. But there was also the fact that he didn't want (Y/n) knowing that he and Dottie had been together, he wanted her to think he was available becuase god knows he'd drop Dottie the very second (Y/n) showed him any interest.

"I won't." He stated bluntly.

"Thank you so much!" Dottie wailed, relief flooding her senses.

"But you need to tell me about how you feel for (Y/n)." Eli continued, narrowing his piercing emerald eyes at her.

"I...." Dottie never thought she'd be at loss for words when it came to (Y/n). She loved her! How could she not? She loved her more than anything in this world and yet she hesitated to tell Eli. "I'm in love with her."

He stayed silent. Processing the words. Sexual attraction was what he'd been expecting, maybe a crush. But love? Turns out he wasn't the only person here emotional enough to fall deeply in love within just a matter of days.

"Do you have feelings for her too-"

"And what the fuck would make you think that?" Eli's complexion went bright red, he didn't want anyone to think he had any vulnerability especially not something so detrimental such as love.