It wasn't our fault

*knock knock knock*

"Chaeyoung-ah!"

For the first time today I throw back the covers to my bed and sit up, it was already 4 pm. When did it get so late? Although, I suppose that sitting around moping does make the time fly.

I hadn't done shit for the past 3 days. Friday was a public holiday, and even though I've got so many exams to mark and so much to get done, I've been laying in bed thinking about how I no longer have the person that makes me happiest. Knowing Mrs Manoban, Lisa won't be allowed back to school until her timetable is changed, meaning, I won't see her anymore.

The knocking continues and I know for sure that Alice isn't going to stop because she knows I'm home.

"Chaeyoung-ah!"

"I'm coming!" Holy shit, those were the first words I'd spoken today and my voice is raspy as hell. My head spins when I stand up, but It soon goes away when I start making my way over towards the door to my apartment.

I pull it open from the inside and my sisters eyes widen, her features harden and she looks like a mix of curious, sympathetic, and slightly grossed out, probably at the fact I had a weird looking stain on my shirt.

"Chaeng... what's wrong?" She steps into the apartment, taking off her coat and putting her keys down on the bench.

I open my mouth to speak, but the voice that comes out isn't my own. It's broken. Painful. "Lisa and I had to break up..." I haven't said it out loud before. Because Lisa and I haven't confirmed it with one another. But, seeing as though neither of us have heard from the other in a week and a half, it's dawned on me that we might not.

My big sister doesn't even hesitate before she lunges at me and wraps me in her arms, somewhere I've always felt so safe. Ally and I have always been close. The both of us always sharing anything with the other, and feeling comfortable doing so. She understands me. The only other person I've ever connected with on that level was... well, it was Lisa.

I let myself cry. Let the tears fall from my eyes, let my body shake and my mind go completely blank. Something I had not allowed myself to do since this whole mess started. Alice just holds me, knowing that it's just what I need while I let all of my built up pain out.

"What happened?" She speaks only softly, muttering her words into my forehead, planting a kiss there after she finishes.

"Someone was threatening to out us... so Lisa wanted to tell her Mum before someone else got to her. Mrs Manoban freaked out, kicked me out and did God knows what with Lisa." I pull away from my sister slightly so that I can speak properly, although it's a challenge because of my hysterical state. "She hasn't been to school in over a week and I just miss her so much. I haven't spoken to her... I want to know if she's okay..."

"I know baby. Come here." She pulls be back into her and rubs my back, my heartbeat calming down at her touch. I can control my breathing better now, my body no longer shaking as Alice hugs me.

"It wasn't our fault! We didn't mean for it to happen!" I start sobbing again, tears rolling down my cheeks."

"Shhhh, Rosie. It's okay." Her grip on my tightens, my thoughts all gathering into one while I cry into her chest.

"I love her"

The next few chapters will be much longer 🥰 Sorry I didn't update yesterday! I was having some health issues. But, I'm home now and I can update ☺️