I'll Come Too!

"What did Miss Park want you for?"

The second I sat down at the lunch table it was like an interrogation. I felt like a criminal, chained to the table with two officers staring me down. Jennie and Jisoo were watching me with a strange look in their eyes, it was making me nervous.

"Tutoring help. She wanted to give me a few worksheets but she went through them with me too" I unwrapped my chocolate muffin and take a bite out of it.

"Can I see the worksheets please? I could use a little extra help too, I don't think I'm doing too good in English". Jennie looks at me hopefully and my heart drops a little. The panic really starting to set in now.

I pretend to look through my bag a little. "Shit. I left them in the classroom. Hang on just let me go and grab them."

I push my chair out from the table and stand up, Jennie replicating my actions "I'll come too!" I groan inwardly and do my best to hide my panic as I take off across the cafeteria, Jennie right at my heels.

We both reach Miss Parks classroom and I do three quick knocks on the door before entering first. She notices me walk in and smiles. I try to give her a look so that she understands I'm not alone. But that fails when she says,

"Back already beautiful? Did you miss me that mu- Oh! Jennie! I didn't see you sneaking in behind Lisa! How are you beautiful?"

I cringe, it came out so awkwardly. Jennie cocked an eyebrow at me, a complex look on her face that I had to pretend to feel too.

"Uh, I'm good, Miss". Jennie bows weirdly, her tone of voice still a little taken aback by the teacher's so blatant but accidental flirting. Rosie bows right back, much too quickly and at an awkward angle.

The older woman clears her throat. "What can I do for you two?"

"Um, those worksheets that you asked me to stay behind for. I left them here and Jennie was wondering if she could have one too..." I trail off slowly when Rosie's eyes widen and she nods slowly at what I'm saying. I could see the slight change in her posture and the way she lets out a low breath.

"Umm, they should be on my desk here somewhere. Are you sure you didn't put them in your bag?" She pretends to look through the papers on her desk, I shake my head in response to her question and she opens her desk drawer to go through that.

"I can't seem to find it, girls, I can print out some more copies and get it to you both by tomorrow and we can go through it in your free period?" She looks up at both of us with an apologetic look and we both nod in sync.

"That's okay Miss... actually I wanted to ask you something as well". Jennie picks at her fingernails and Rosie cocks an eyebrow at the younger girls announcement.

"You've been helping Jisoo and Lisa with English and a few other kids at the school. Would it be okay if I tag along with Jisoo sometimes so I can get a little help too?"

"Of course!" Miss Park's voice rings across the classroom, causing a small smile to etch itself into Jennie's face. "You're welcome anytime. I have a session with Jisoo tomorrow afternoon from 3.30 to around 5. You can come along to that and I'll bring you those extra worksheets then?"

I find myself smiling at her. Her kind nature, how generous and accepting she is. Going out of her way to make sure her students are comfortable with her and getting the best that she has to offer. I fell for a good one.

"Sounds good, I'll see you tomorrow then. Bye," Jennie smiles and turns around and shuffles out of the classroom.

"Bye girls. I'll see you both tomorrow."

She gives me one last wink behind Jennie's back and I close the door behind the two of us. Damn, we're getting good at improvising 

Hi! Sorry this was a short chapter. My studies have FINALLY been called off because of the virus. But I still have a lot of work to do. But, I promise I will still update! Thank you so much for reading ❤️