veinti y uno

GUYS PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE GO READ asdfghjacks BOOKS THEY'RE ACTUALLY MY LIFE TYILY

brenda's pov

"hey brenda!" derek said as i walked into his little store.

the sign on the front was faded, and the door was locked behind a wire-screen gate, but it was still in business.

"hey! how are you?" i asked with fake happiness.

i was really eager to have my phone fixed, after being without it for seven days.

"i'm good, you?"

"eh, i have a problem with my phone. i'm not able to turn it on, and it's been like this for a week. i was wondering if you could see what's up with it?" i asked, setting my phone on the glass counter in front of me.

"sure! just sit right here for, like, ten minutes while we plug it in!"

i nodded and sat down on the metal chair by the door.

-

"okay, brenda. i think we figured out the problem," derek said, emerging from the workspace after about fifteen minutes.

i quickly stood up and walked back over to the counter. he placed my phone back where it was previously and looked at me.

"so, it turns out that it just was a software issue. but we were able to fix it, so it should work now," he said.

derek clicked the home button to show me that it was working, and i almost screamed with joy.

"thank you so much! how much was it?" i asked, grinning crazily.

"nah, don't worry about it!" he smiled back at me.

i reached over the counter and hugged him, before picking up my phone and heading towards the door.

he saluted me on the way out and i laughed, closing the door behind me.

finally!

-

i turned on my phone and waited for all the notificiations to flood in.

within minutes, all my apps had little numbers by them, signifying unread notifications.

first, i answered all my texts and deleted my voicemails.

then, of course, i went onto snapchat.

to my surprise, there were 17 messages in my snapchat inbox.

i quickly slid my finger over the messages, which were all from jack.

i have a feeling this is not going to end well.

i checked all the messages with my heart pounding.

'hey baby girl ;)'

'i can't wait to see you again'

'princess, why aren't you answering?'

'are you ok, baby? do you need me to come help you?'

'are you IGNORING me?!'

i could almost feel the anger he felt when he was writing it.

'you don't know what's coming for you, princess. when daddy wants you, he wants you'