veinte

*read authors note please*

brenda's pov

i closed the door of my car and ran to the trunk to retrieve my backpack and books.  i closed the back door again and walked to the front door, opening it and closing it when i got inside.

i ran up to my room to get on my laptop, and to add more charge to my phone.  

i grabbed my phone out of my pocket and pressed the on button.

the screen remained black, and didn't turn on.  

it was probably off, maybe i hit it against something at school and it was off.

i held the power button down for longer this time, yet nothing turned on.

is this real life?  my phone can't be broken!

i sighed and threw my phone against my bed.

-

after what felt like hours on my laptop, and trying to get my phone to turn on, i finally went downstairs to greet my mom.  

i walked into the kitchen slowly and saw her washing the dishes.

"hey mom," i said, sitting on the kitchen chair.

she still didn't turn around, but replied with,"hi! how was school?"

"it was good.  hey, mom? you know my phone doesn't turn on!" i said, changing the topic.

she turned around this time.  

"really? maybe you should take it to derek and see if he can fix it!"

derek was jessilyn's boyfriend, he worked with electronics and phones.  

"i don't have time this week though, that's the thing! i have to study for the midterm coming up in math," i said, sighing.

"then get it done next week, i'll call him and ask," my mom said, going back to the dishes.

i nodded angrily and went back upstairs to finish my homework.

well this was a filler, obviously.  but i'm trying to set up the "oh shit" factor of next chapter by making this one boring.  IF YOU CAN GUESS WHATS GOING TO HAPPEN NEXT, I'LL DEDICATE THE CHAPTER TO YOU.