trece

"and there's no remedy for memory, your face is like a melody, it won't leave my head"

brenda's pov

"how do you like the party, baby?" jack asked after a minute of silence.

i wasn't really paying attention, but i replied anyway.

"it's nice."

i felt him nod and i took another sip of my vodka.  i was getting tired now, with the drinking and the noise.

i closed my eyes slowly and rested my head deeper on his chest.  

"are you tired, princess? do you want to go home?" he whispered, concerned.

i nodded, too tired to speak.

"daddy'll help you.  come on, grab my hand," he said, getting up.

i got up from his lap and took his hand, allowing him to lead me out the door.

-

i buckled my seatbelt and leaned my head against the window.  jack got in next to me after saying bye to his friends.

"i'll drop you off at your house, ok?" he said softly, starting the car.

i nodded but then suddenly realized that i told him my old address.

shit! now i have to find a ride to take me back home.  

i obviously did not think this through.

i'll just call avery and see if she can pick me up from there.  

"you can sleep, it's not like i'm going to rape you, princess.  i'll wake you up when we get there." 

i smiled but said nothing, still wanting to stay awake to call avery.

-

"brenda, baby girl, we're here"

i was awoken by a slight nudge on my arm.

i looked up and saw jack unbuckling my seat belt.

"oh" i whispered and limped out.

when i got to the front of the car, i turned around to thank jack for taking me.  even though it was the awkwardest/scariest two hours of my life.

"thanks for taking me to the party, i had fun.  it was cool meeting you," i said, zipping up my jacket.

he grabbed my hand and kissed it gently.

"anytime," he said, getting back into the car.

i waved goodbye to him and he drove out of the cul-de-sac.  

when he was finally out of sight, i pulled my phone out of my pocket and unlocked it.  i called avery in a hurry and waited to see if she would answer.

"hello?" she said groggily, after a minute or two.

"hey, did i wake you up?"

"no shit! it's 11:30!" avery yelled.

i quickly explained my situation and asked if she could come rescue me.

"you are SO lucky you have a friend like me, bren!  i'll be there in like ten minutes," she said, hanging up angrily.

i laughed and sat down on the curb, putting my phone away.

-

i finally saw avery's car pull up in the driveway, after what felt like half an hour.

"hey," i said, getting in the car.

"hey," she replied, driving out of the street.

"sorry, aves," i said, smiling.

"ugh, it's fine." she said, showing false annoyance.

"so how'd it go?" 

"i'll tell you tomorrow, i'm too tired right now," i said, yawning.

she nodded and continued driving.

I LOVE YOU GUYS THANK YOU FOR GETTING THIS BOOK TO 2K READS AIOJOIWEFJ

AND ALSO IF YA WANT TO YOU CAN CHECK OUT MY TUMBLR IT'S SHAWNMENDES.TUMBLR.COM :)