tres

"and there's no remedy for memory, your face is like a melody, it won't leave my head."

brenda's pov

i started making myself dinner, because my mom didn't go grocery shopping yet and we had nothing but ramen.

my phone died a while ago, so now i was cooking my dinner to eat in front of our television, because what else was i supposed to do.

i sat in the kitchen chair and waited for my ramen to boil.

i drifted off my into my thoughts. i can't stop thinking about that stupid stoner dude on snapchat. like seriously, why'd he even reply to me?
i'm probably going to change my location services on snapchat, because he's kind of creeping me out.

the sound of the microwave blurred out my thoughts.

i quickly grabbed the steaming styrofoam cup and brought it into the living room. i think i spilled like half of it, but whatever.

while i was watching the mindy project, i heard my phone ring from upstairs. i really didn't want to go up and pick up my phone, but it was too tempting not too.

i jogged upstairs and grabbed my phone out of it's charger in my room. i checked the caller id and saw that my sister was calling me. ugh, she was gonna talk forever!

"hey jessilyn," i said into the phone.

"hey, are you busy?" she replied, the tiredness evident in her voice.

"um, no, not really, i'm watching tv. what's up?" i said, taking my empty ramen cup to the kitchen to be thrown away later.

"did you see that article about snapchat or whatever on cnn this morning? a bunch of these stupid hackers leaked people's information onto a website, for the public to see, i figured you should look at it since you love that app so much," jessilyn informed me.

"jess, chill...i barely keep information on my snapchat account, ok?" i said, laughing at my sisters concern.

"but still brenda, you should check it out," she replied, her voice cracking on the receiver.

"i will, jess," i promised.

jessilyn and i talked for a while before i finally hung up. oh my gosh, she could talk for three hours if i let her.

jessilyn is my older sister, she's a freshman in college, and LOVES to look out for me. it's kind of annoying for me, but i love her. people said jess and i looked like each other, but i don't really think so.

anyway, i decided that since i have nothing better to do right now, i would check out the stupid report on snapchat.

i logged onto my laptop and typed in 'snapchat leak', because i barely paid attention to what jessilyn said the article was called.

i was quickly directed to a bright green webpage with probably over a thousand snapchat users. next to the columns with their usernames, it said their real names, last names, phone numbers, and address. what the hell was this? on the top page, was a pixelized bar with the words 'type in your username, see what comes up'

i hesitantly typed in my snapchat username 'amm.summerlot' and pressed enter. after a few seconds of loading and redirecting, i was back to the bright green page. but this time, my username was highlighted in the list.

i almost didn't believe it. i scrolled to the part that was highlighted and glanced to the side columns. there, i saw my phone number written in bold, and my address as well. i double checked to make sure that everything was right, before i started shaking.

nope, this was not happening.

hi you guys, thank you for getting this to almost 100 reads in the first two days! i love you!

my snapchat is kaylasiman, so if you wanna hmu go ahead