Chicago

Kinda just a filler, but whatever! :P hope you like it!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I didn't know what I was doing. I just ran to my little car and drove like a madwomen back to my apartment. Running in, I grabbed a suitcase and a bunch of random clothes, throwing them in.

I heard the door open from behind me, but I didn't care. “What are you going Avery?” Liam questioned.

I turned to him, tears in my brown eyes. “My sister's sick, I'm going back home.”

~~~

“Fight 220 to Chicago is now boarding.” The intercom announced as I flashed the flight attendant my ticket. I sat in the window seat, resting my head on the window, watching as we flew across the United States back to my home town. The sun was setting as we took off, and skying towards a black night was exactly how I felt...

When we landed in Chicago, I was so tired. I barely slept all week and right now all I wanted to do was get to the hospital where my parents and sister were.

I walked over to the baggage claim area and picked up my small blue suitcase. I stopped by the subway in the airport and grabbed a cookie, white chocolate macadamia nut to be specific.

What can I say, I eat when I'm nervous!

I walked out of the airport, barely managing to hold myself together. All I need to do was get across town to the children's hospital.

“There she is!” Someone called out. And the next thing I know, I am being blinded to death with camera flashes.

“Avery, why did you leave LA?”

“What happened at the concert?”
“Where's your boyfriend Kendall?”

They all yelled out, holding recorders to my face.

I ducked my head, pulling my hoodie over my head. Suddenly, I felt someone wrap their arm over my shoulder, leading me to the curb.

I looked up to see Rocky hailing a cab. When the yellow car pulled up, he made sure I was in before climbing in himself.

“You okay?” he asked, his husky voice full of concern. I shook my head, my eyes watering. Wordlessly, he wrapped his arms around me, pulling my into his chest. I just broke down crying. “Driver, Children's Hospital. Step on it.” He called out.

“She's sick Rock. CJ's sick.” I whispered into his chest.

“I know, I know.” He pressed his lips to my head, holding me a little closer.

~~~

When we got to the hospital, I threw some money at the driver and ran into the building, straight to the nurse's station.

“We need to get to Cassidy Mason's room.” Rocky exclaimed.

She typed away at her keyboard and looked back to us. “Room 111.”

Before she could say anything else, I was off running to my sister's room. I walked into the room to see my parents sitting in the chairs, holding hands. Both of them had red eyes from crying.

I looked over to the bed to see my little sister hooked up to a bunch of different monitors, while she was laying on the bed, watching some cartoon on Disney.

Her eyes lite up when see saw Rocky and I. “Sunny! Rocky!” I walked over to her and planted a kiss on to her forehead. “Hi baby, how are you feeling?”

She shrugged. “I tired, but happy to see you!” Rocky came walked over to my parents, hugging both of them. Than he walked over to my little sister. She scooted in her small bed to my room for my ex. “Sit!”

Rocky smiled and sat in the bed beside my little sister. She started to talk to him about everything under the sun. I turned to my parents wordlessly, hugging them both.

“What's the diagnosis?” I asked when I let my mom go.

“We don't know yet. They are still running test.” She explained, running her hands up and down her arms.

I looked around the room for my other sister. “Where's Dani?”

“She's with the neighbor.” My dad sighed.

I glanced back to Rocky and CJ who looked very happy, than I looked back to my parents. “Why don't you guys go home. Have some dinner with Dani. Rocky and I will stay here with CJ. We'll call you if anything changes.”

My parents exchanged hesitant looks, but sighed. “Call us if ANYTHING changes!” My mom said, kissing my sister on the head. Than looked to Rocky. “Thank you Rocky.”

My dad pulled me aside. “Why is he here anyways, I thought you two broke up.”

“We did- we are. I don't know why he's here.” I glanced back. “I just think he and CJ have a special bond...” My dad nodded and gave me a peck on my head.

“Call if anything changes, call us.” He called out before walking out of the room with my mom.

I dragged a lumpy hospital chair over next to CJ's bed. “Hey, sweetie, how about a bedtime story? It's getting kinda late.” My little sister gave me a glowing smile. “What story do you want?”

She thought for a second. “Little Mermaid!” She clapped her hands excitedly.

I smiled. “Oh, it's our story.” I tickled her tummy. “Okay. Once upon a time...” I started off into our favorite story.

A knock on the door startled all of us. I looked over to the door to see a young doctor with a clipboard.

“Ms. Mason?” He asked.

I looked over to Rocky, who gave me a subtle nod, continuing our story. I walked over to the doctor.

“So, we got back the test results.” He started, looking into my eyes. “Her leukemia came back.”

I felt like the whole world stop spinning. He was still talking, but I couldn't hear anything he was saying.
“Avery?” I felt rocky come up behind me, concern in his voice.

“Is this CJ's father?” The doctor questioned.

“Oh no. I'm not her mother. She's my sister.” I explained.

“Oh, I'm sorry.” He blushed slightly before walking away.

“What happened? What did the doctor say?” Rocky asked, pulling me back into the room.

I just shook my head and wrapped my arms around his necks, just crying.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

How'd you liked it!

Hoping for comments and votes :D

Lots of love - Raz