Bonfires

“We should have a bonfire!” Rydel exclaimed from her place in Liam's arm.

The group sat in the Lynch's living room, trying to figure out what to do that weekend. Liam and Rydel sat in the love seat, Riker, Ross, and Ratliff sat on the middle of the floor, while Avery and Rocky sat on the long couch.

“Yeah, we can invite everybody!” Ross exclaimed excitedly.

“Invite who where?” Ryland questioned walking in to the house with his football gear in his hands.

“Everybody to a bonfire.” Riker explained.

Ryland dropped his gear and sat down on the couch next to Avery, who was being abnormally quiet. “What's the matter with you?” He poked her side playfully.

Avery gave a yawn, shaking her head. “I haven't been sleeping much.”

“You're telling me! I can hear you all night sniffling.” Liam exclaimed.

“I'm sorry. I'll try to be quiet when I'm sick.” Avery said sarcastically.

Stormie walked into the room, a lime green phone in her hand. “Rocky, Laura's on the phone for you.”

Rocky looked over to his girlfriend, confusion in his eyes. But he got up from the couch, took the phone from his mother, and walked into another room.

“Sunny, you look nervous.” Ratliff stated from his place on the floor.

Avery smirked. “The only person who should be nervous, it's you Ellington, the Bears and Packers play next week!” She exclaimed loudly. “I have my razor ready for you.” She winked.

“Oh, you're so eating that burger. That Packers have been amazing this season!”

“Keep dreaming kid.” Avery murmured, playfully sticking her tongue out playfully.

“Well, that was weird...” Rocky said to himself as he walked back into the room, slipping his phone into his back pocket.

“What?” Rydel questioned.

“She wanted to know if I was okay.” He replied, sitting back down next to Avery. He slipped his arms around her waist pulling her closer.

“What did you tell her?” Ross inquired.

Rocky pressed his lips to Avery's ear, and whispered. “Here and now, I'm as happy as I can ever be.”

~~~

“You okay?” Rydel questioned as she and Avery strolled down the aisle of Target the day before the bonfire. They were tasked with gathering the food for the fire.

“Yeah, why wouldn't I be?” Avery asked, lugging pop cases into the shopping cart.

“I don't know. You just seem distance lately.” She responded.

Avery sighed. “I guess I have been under some stress. Disney is having me sing a song on the Austin and Ally soundtrack.”

Rydel squeaked. “Sunny! That's amazing! Why hasn't Rocky said anything about this?!”

Avery bit her lip nervously. “Cause I haven't told Rocky...” She replied sheepishly. Rydel gave her a disappointed look, almost scolding her.

Suddenly, Avery's iPhone lite up. Zander. “Excuse me, I have to take this.” She quickly walked over the the next aisle. “Hello?” She answered with an attitude, her hand on her hip.

“Hey, Avery. We need to talk.” He was straight to the point, his attitude matched hers.

“What's going on?” Avery questioned, picking at her nail polish which was suddenly very interesting.