On Set

A week later Avery sat at the kitchen table, staring down her cell phone, waiting for the call. “What are you doing?” Uncle Liam asked when he came into the room.

“Nora said she would call me today.” Avery replied with out looking up from the phone. Liam scoffed but continued his journey to the refrigerator.

Suddenly, Avery's phone started to sing. “It's Nora!” Her eyes were wide.

“Answer it!” Liam practically yelled as he jumped on to the chair next to Avery.

“Hello?” Avery fumbled as she put the phone on speaker.

“Avery?” Nora, Avery's manager, sounded excited. “I finally heard back from Disney.” She paused for a dramatic break. “And guess who they want to play Samantha Diaz?!” Avery started to scream.

“Oh my gosh! This is great!” Avery finally said after she stopped screaming. “When do I start?”

“You start Thursday morning. They want you to be there by 8 for wardrobe. Then hair and make up is at 8:15.” Nora explained.

“Thanks Nora.” Liam replied.

“Alright lovelies, good luck.” Nora said as she hung up.

Avery looked at her uncle, who had a smile on his face. They both broke out screaming. “You did it!” Liam exclaimed. He wrapped his arms around her. “ I knew you could do it Sunny.”

~~~

Thursday morning Avery didn't know what she was feeling as she drove to the studio. She was nervous, but excited too. “You're gonna do fine Sunny.” She told herself when she finally walked inside. She found her way to wardrobe, where a short lady was waiting for her. “Hi. I'm Avery.” She introduced herself.

“I'm Melly.” The short lady smile. “Let's get you dressed.” Together they created Samantha's perfect first day outfit. ( http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=49899966 ).

After wardrobe, Avery made her way to hair and make up, where there was two other girls. One was tall, with long brown wavy hair. The other one was shorter, with curly black hair. They both turned to face the new girl. “Um, hi. I'm Avery.” She said awkwardly. The looked at one another, than smiled ear to ear.

“Hi!” The tall brunette said gleefully. “I'm Laura. That's Raini.” The three girls sat down to one another to get their make up done.

When the girls came out of hair & make–up, they were laughing, almost to the point of tears. “Oh my gosh, Avery you're so funny!” Raini praised.

“Call me Sunny.” Avery replied.

“Why Sunny?” Laura questioned as two guys walked up to them.

“My initials are A.M. So my family calls me Sunny for the morning sun.” Avery explained.

“That actually sounds like a really cool nick name.” The tall blond guy said. “Right Cal?” He said turning to the red head.

“Yeah.” the red head agreed. “I'm Calum, by the way.”

The blond one chuckled. “I forget to introduce myself. I'm Ross.” Avery shook hands with both of the guys.

“Avery Mason.” She introduced herself with a smile.

“All cast to set!” A male voice boom on the overhead speakers.

“I guess that's our cue.” Avery said with a smirk on her face. They all laughed as they made their way to the set.

~~~

After long day on set, Avery started to make her way out of the studio. “Hey Sunny. Wait up!” She turned around to see Raini trying to catch up with her.

“Oh, hey Raini. What's up?” Avery questioned, while pulling her keys out of her purse.

“Laura and I wanted to know if you wanted to get dinner with us. We're going to that new sushi place downtown.” Raini explained.

“I would love to go.” Avery started. “But I can't. I have to make dinner for my uncle.” She bit her lip. “I'm sorry.”

Raini smiled. “It's okay. I understand that family comes first.” Laura came up from behind the girls.

“I wish you would come with us.” Laura said sweetly.

Avery smiled. “Next time. I promise.”

“I'll hold you to that.” Laura said jokingly. She turned to Raini. “We should get going.” They nodded in agreement and started towards the door.

“You did good today Sunny!” Raini called back as she walked out.

Avery smiled. She continued towards the door until she heard a whip of thunder. “Great.” She muttered to herself. “This is just prefect.” Than she heard a chuckle coming from her side.

“You need an umbrella?” Rocky said, motioning to the green one in his hand.

“That would be great.” Avery praised. Rocky led Avery out of the building, holding the umbrella over their heads.

“You always seem to need a hero.” Rocky stated. Avery scoffed.

“I do not!” She argued. “You just happened to be there when I need a little bit of help.”

Rocky laughed. “Whatever makes you feel better.” Avery leaned up against her car, while Rocky stood closer to her. “What are you doing Sunday afternoon?”

“I don't know. Why?” She questioned.

“Well, my family is kinda having a Barbe Que. And, I was wondering, well, maybe, do you want to go.” Rocky stammered. “And everybody else from the set, you know, will be there.” He quickly added.

“Well, I'll have to think about it .” Avery said with a sly smile. She looked up and chuckled. “When did it stop raining?”

~~~

“What are we doing Sunday afternoon?” Avery asked her uncle later than night at dinner.

“I work. Why?” He questioned with his mouth full of rice.

“Oh, a friend of mine is having a Barbe Que, and he invited me.” Avery explained.

“You gonna go?” He asked.

Avery smiled to herself. “Yeah, I think I am.”