Fourth of July

“Delly, I need your help!” Rocky exclaimed to his sister almost a month later.

“Okay. With what?” She asked. Rocky smiled and whispered something into her ear. Rydel smiled, nodding her her viciously.

“Does that mean you'll help me?” Rocky asked cautiously.

“Yes!” She beamed. “I'll get the guys.” As Rydel started to run out of the room, she turned back to Rocky. “This is gonna be great!”

“I hope so.” Rocky mutter to himself, running his hand through his hair nervously.

~~~

A week later, Avery and Liam walked into the Lynch's backyard for their annual 4th of July Barbe Que. Kids were running around with water guns, adults sitting at the tables, gossiping. Avery found her girls in the pool. Just as she went to excuse herself from her uncle, he walked away to play basketball with the guys.

“Hey girlies.” Avery greeted with a beaming smile.

“Hola Sunny!” Rydel said with a grin.

“Are you coming in or not?” Laura asked playfully.

Avery nodded her head. “Just let me change first.” She replied, starting to walk away.

“I'll come with you.” Rydel said, hopping out of the pool.

When they were in Rydel's room, out of hearing range, Rydel turned to Avery. “I have a question for you.”

“Shoot!” Avery called out from the bathroom in Rydel's room as she changed.

“Do you like anybody?” Rydel bit her lip as she waited for the answer.

“I don't know.” Avery replied nervously. “Maybe, kinda.” She admitted.

“I knew it!” Rydel exclaimed. “Is it Rocky?” She questioned.

Avery stuck out her head from the bathroom. “Did Ross tell you?!” She demanded. “Oh, I am so gonna kill him!”

“What? You told Ross before you told me!?” Rydel looked at Avery, hurt.

“I didn't tell him. He figured it out at the movie premiere.” Avery explained as she walked out of the bathroom.

“Oh.” Rydel relaxed. Than took a look at Avery. “Is that my suit?” Avery looked down. ( http://www.polyvore.com/borrowed_suit/set?id=50354648 )

“It might be.” She admitted with a smile. “I think I borrowed it the last time we went swimming.”

Rydel shrugged. “Well, it looks good on you.” The girls smiled and made their way back down to the pool, where Laura and Raini were waiting for them.

“What took you guys so long?” Rani demanded to know as the girls slipped into the pool.

“We were just talking.” Avery explained. “Delly are you guys going to be doing a set tonight?” She questioned.

“No.” Rydel beamed. “But I think you are really going to like the other activities that are planned for tonight.” Avery looked at her with confusion, but choose to ignore the comment.

Avery got out of the pool, and walked over to the diving board. “Watch this guys!!” She ran down the board and did an amazing flip into the water. When she resurfaced from the water, she looked to her friends. “How was that?”

“I would give it a three.” Rocky said from behind her, his arms crossed over his chest, a smirk on his face.

Avery dropped her jaw in disbelief. “A 3?! Are you kidding me? That was like a 10!” She argued.