First Interaction

Before you read  this next chapter, i just wanna say thank you to all of my readers. You guys are AMAZING! Keep up with the commenting and they voting. Love you guys and reading your comments always make my day :D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Rocky's Point of View*

“Okay Rocky, you can do this.” I tried giving myself a pep talk as I walked into Avery's apartment building with Cupcake in my arms.

When I came to Apartment 23, I couldn't help but feel overwhelmed. I took a deep breath before knocking on the door. I heard muffled noises and then the door creaked open, exposing Liam.

“Um, Rocky, what are you doing here?” He questioned, looking back behind the door where I assume Avery was hiding out.

“I need to talk to Avery. Is she home?” I pressed. He nodded his head, closing the door behind him. I heard people arguing behind the door, which was no doubt Avery and Liam.

The apartment door flew open, letting me see her for the first time. Her brown hair was pulled back into a lose ponytail, she was wearing an over sized Chicago sweater with black sofie shorts. “Rocky, what are you doing here?” She demanded, she was mad.

I pushed my way passed her in to the apartment, setting Cupcake down on the floor, where he found himself a spot on the couch. “We need to talk.”

Liam grabbed his jacket, and started towards the door. “I'll see you kids later. I'm gonna go hang out with Rydel.” Even though Avery protested, he still walked out of the apartment, slamming the door behind him. I threw myself on to her couch next to Cupcake.

“What do we need to talk about?” She questioned, leaning against the kitchen counter.

I scoffed. “What do we need to talk about?! Are you kidding me Avery?!” Her real name sounded foreign to my lips, I was so used to calling her Sunny. “Last night you told me you CHEATED on me!”

“So?” She sighed, crossing her arms over her chest. “What do you want me to say?”

I ran my fingers through my long brown hair. “I don't know! Say sorry. Or why did you did it?” I suggested quietly.

She avoided my gaze, looking to the ground. “You don't wanna know why I did it.” She was so quiet I could barely hear her voice. “And I'm not sorry.”

I scoffed. “Whatever Avery!” I jumped off the couch and made my way to the door. Before I left the apartment, I looked back at her. “It was nice knowing you!” My voice was dripping sarcasm.

I stormed out of the apartment, slamming, oh and I do mean slamming, the door behind me. I was almost to the stairs when I heard a door open behind me.

“Rocky wait!” Avery's words made me stop dead in my tracks. My heart was doing cartwheels as I turned around to see her chasing after me. I guess some part of me was hoping that she was going to say sorry.

“You forgot Cupcake!” She called out. My heart dropped, and I was fighting back tears.

“No I didn't.” I said bitterly. “I can't keep him. Rydel is allergic to him.”

She nodded her head, holding our baby close to her chest. “Oh, okay.”

I bit my lip and nodded my head. And as much as it kills me, I walked away from her. I walked away from the only girl I have ever loved.

~~~

A few hours later, I found myself at the local gym taking all of my anger out on a poor punching bag. Some Fall Out Boy song was playing in my headphone, so I didn't even hear Harry, the gym owner, come up to me. I almost knocked him out when he put his hand on my shoulder.