Band Practice

OMG! I love you guys! So amazing, keep it up :D <3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next morning, Avery woke up in Rydel's room. The sun was low in the sky as it started to rise. She sighed and threw her head back on to the pillow.

“Time to wake up.” Rydel said from beside her. Her voice was groggy. The two girls sighed and rolled out of the bed.

Avery pulled her long brown hair into a sloppy ponytail. “Why are we up so early?” She complained, putting on her glasses.

“Band practice.” Rydel explained, pulling her hair into a sideways braid. “Dad wants us to get as much practice as we can before the tour starts.”

“You guys up?” Ross said, popping his head into the girl's room.

“No.” Avery said, still half asleep.

“Mom maid chocolate chip pancakes and bacon.” Ross informed. Together, they walked out of Rydel's room and down to the kitchen.

Everybody was sitting in the kitchen, Mr and Mrs. Lynch sitting at the table with Ryland, Ratliff and Riker, while Rocky was sitting on the island. Avery made herself a plate of pancakes and some fruit before she sat next to a shirtless Rocky.

“Yummy bacon.” He smirked, shoving a whole strip into his mouth.

“Oh, whatever.” She rolled her eyes playfully. “This is really good Stormie. Thank you.”

Mrs. Lynch beamed. “Of course sweetie. It was no problem.”

Mr. Lynch stood up and cleared his chest. “We should probably get started.” He looked over the teens. “Basement, five minutes.” He kissed his wife on the top of the head and walked out of the room.

The seven teenagers starved the rest of their plates down their throats. “Thanks mom.” They all called as they ran down the stairs to the basement.

When they got down the stairs, Mr. Lynch already had their instruments set up and ready to go. The band picked up their gear.

“Let's start with Cali Girls.” Rocky suggested, his voice still a little husky from just waking up.

R5 quickly started playing a crowd favorite. Avery found herself singing along as she and Ryland sat on the couch watching them play. She curled up into a ball, holding herself from shivering because she was so cold.

Finally, Avery jumped up from the couch. She ran up two flights of stairs and into Rocky and Riker's room. She quickly scanned the room and grabbed what she was looking for. Rocky's favorite lime green blanket him mom made him when the band went on their west coast tour.

As she walked into the basement, Avery wrapped the blanket around her shoulders. Rocky smiled when he saw her. “You went into my room.”

“Oh, don't worry. It's not like I went through your stuff.” She replied playfully. Then turned to Riker. “Or yours.”

Riker smirked playfully. “Oh, thanks Sunny. But I don't have anything to hid.” Avery chuckled and sat back down next to Ryland.

“Sunny, do you wanna run over your songs?” Ross questioned, pulling out another microphone for her.

“Ah, I was just getting comfortable.” Avery playfully complained. She walked up to Ross and took the microphone from him. “What song do we wanna run first?”

“How about Good Girl with Rydel?” Ratliff suggested. Avery smiled at him. Rydel smiled and made her way up from behind her keyboard.

“Let's rock it.” Rydel beamed. The two girls did their handshake, giggling. When the music started, Rydel started off, singing her beautiful heart out. The second verse came around, Avery couldn't help but keep a smile off her face as she sung with everything she's got. And when the two girls came together and finished off the song, everyone knew that this was going to be amazing.

After many hours of practice, Mr. Lynch finally released the kids from practice. As they walked up the stairs, Avery jumped onto Ross' back. They were all laughing. He threw her onto the couch.

“Is anybody else hungry?” Rocky questioned as he laid down on the couch, on top of Avery.

“You, know, not like I was sitting here or anything.” Avery said sarcastically from under her boyfriend. She started hitting his back.

“Man, this couch is really uncomfortable.” Rocky stated, squirming around on the couch. “Riker, what do you think?”

The older brother jumped onto the couch, squishing Avery. “You're right. This is uncomfortable.”

“Dog pile!” Ratliff exclaimed, jumping on the couch. And everybody else threw themselves on the pile.

“Okay, okay!” Avery yelled through her laughter. “I surrender!!” They all laughed at her, laughing at each other. “Delly! Help me!” Avery begging for her best friend.

Eventually, everybody got off of Avery. “You okay baby?” Rocky questioned as he pulled her off the couch.

“Yeah, no thanks to you.” Avery playfully ignoring him. She started to walk away. He grabbed her hand and spun her around into his arms. He kissed her.

“But, seriously, I'm hungry.” Rocky admitted. Avery chuckled. She stood on her tippy toes and planted one on him.

“Let me change, and we'll get something to eat.” She promised. Rocky smiled and let her go.

Ten minutes later, Avery came out of Rydel's room wearing a white t-shirt with the words Love It!, blue ripped up skinny jeans, black converse, and one of Rocky's black sweaters. And for jewelry, she put on a black flower necklace. “Ready?” She asked her boyfriend.

“We're leaving!” Rocky called out as he rested his hand on Avery's lower back.

Ross walked up to the couple, a smile on his face. “Where are we going?”

“You're staying here.” Rocky told his little brother. “Me and Sunny are getting something to eat.”

“Oh.” Ross whispered to himself. “Got it.” He smiled his goofy smile and started to walk away. Just as he exit the room, he turned around. “Keep my girl safe.”

Rocky and Avery smiled and walked out of the house. They drove into town and to his favorite restaurant. Hand in hand, the couple smiled as they walked in.

“Table for two?” The waitress asked with a smile, gathering menus. She led them back to a corner booth.

“You sounded good today.” Rocky praised, shoveling food into his mouth.

Just as Avery was about to reply, a girl, no older than 12 came up to them. She had a pen and notepad, her hands were shaking. “Can I get your autograph?”

Avery smiled. She reached for the pen. “What's your name?”

“Tori.” The girl beamed. Avery scribbled her name onto the notepad. Tori turned to Rocky. “Can I get Rocky's too?”

His face lite up. “I would love to.” He signed his name under Avery's.

Tori looked like she was about to pass out. “Thank you guys so much.” She turn and ran back to her family, waving the paper around.

“That was pretty awesome.” Rocky smiled, he wrapped his arm over Avery's shoulder. She smiled and leaned back onto him. He kissed the top of her head.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Let me know what you think!!

Which R5 member do you want more of (including Ryland)?

Five comments for the next chapter

Lots of Love - Raz