The Tree House

“We ready to go?” Avery questioned with a smile as she walked out of Sky's room hours later. She wore a red plaid shirt that hugged her in all the right places, dark wash cowgirls jeans and boots.

Rocky and Tony sat in the living room, playing some video game. They had a bowl of chips between them, both laughing as they talked trash to each other.

“One more round babe.” Rocky said, pounding on the controller. Avery smiled and walked into her grandmother's room where she was watching her novelas, Cupcake at her side.

“I see Cupcake made a new friend.” She noted, laying on the bed next to her favorite woman.

“Feel free to leave him here anytime.” Grandma Rosie smirked, running her hand down Cupcake's spine. “I thought you guys were leaving.”

“The boys wanted to finish up a video game.” Avery explained with a smile. “I'm glad Tony and Rocky are getting along.” Grandma Rosie held her granddaughter's hand and smiled.

Tony popped his head into the room. “Sunny, you ready to go?” Avery nodded her head, gave her grandma a kiss goodbye and walked out of the house with the rest of the gang, all smiling and laughing.

~~~

The Tree House Bright neon lights greeted Rocky, Sky, Tony, and Avery as they walked into the building. They were instantly smashed together because the club was so packed.

“I take it these guys are pretty popular.” Rocky muttered as he and Avery made their way to the bar area, Tony and Sky not to far behind them.

“They are amazing!” Sky exclaimed.

“She only wanted to come because she has a crush on Dougie.” Avery playfully stuck out her tongue to her cousin. Sky smacked the back of Avery's head. “What? It's true!” She shouted out.

“What do you want to drink?” The bartender questioned as they walked up to her.

“I'll take a coke.” Rocky replied, pulling out his wallet, but Avery stopped him.

“Hey Carly, just start a tap for me.” She smiled. “Oh, I'll take a coke too.”

“Sunny! What are you doing here?!” The bartender beamed, leaning over the counter, giving her old friend a hug.

“Just came to visit for a few days.” She explained, then rested her arm on the man beside her. “And this is Rocky, my boyfriend.”

After a few minutes of talking, they excused themselves to go find a place to watch the concert. Rocky wrapped his arm around Avery's waist, pulling her close, a smile on his face.

“Oh my gosh. It's Jack!” A random girl squealed a few feet in front of them. Avery inwardly groaned.

“Why, what do we have here?” A medium hight guy came up to the group, his voice full of sarcasm.

“What do you want Jack?” Avery rolled her eyes.

He smiled. “I just wanted to say hello to an old friend.” Jack tried to go in for a hug, but was quickly denied. “Oh, what baby, you didn't miss me?” He dramatically slapped his hand over his heart. “That hurts babe.”

“I think you need to go dude.” Rocky said, standing in front of his girlfriend. “It's clear that Avery doesn't want you here.”

Avery knew her boyfriend was annoyed, he only called her Avery when he is.

“Who are you?” Jack demanded to know, getting up in Rocky's face. Which was very effective since Rocky had at least half a foot on him.

“Her boyfriend Rocky.” Tony said standing next to him, his arms crossed over his chest.