Meeting Grandma Rosie

Avery ran up to the front door, Rocky a few steps behind her. She started to rape the doorbell, a beaming smile on her face.

A teenage girl, around the age of seventeen, open the door, her jaw dropped to the floor. “Sunny! What are you doing here?”

The two girls embraced each other in a hug. “Sky! I've missed you.”

When they dropped the hug, Sky turned to Rocky. “And who is this?” A sly smirk on her face.

“This is Rocky, my boyfriend. Rock, this is Sky, my cousin.” Avery introduced as they walked into the ranch style house. “Where's grandma?” She questioned, looking around for her favorite woman.

“Where do you think?” Sky replied sarcastically, pulling her long black hair into a lazy ponytail. “It's lunch time. She's in the kitchen.”

The trio made their way into the big kitchen where they found an old woman and a teenage boy sitting at the table eating taco. “Abuela, look who I found.” Sky beamed, slipping back into her seat.

“Hola Abuela. ¿Como estas?” Avery glowed, giving her grandmother a hug.

“Muy bien!” The grandma exclaimed. She smiled, looking at Rocky.

“Oh, Abuela, es mi novio Rocky.” Avery smiled, placing her hand on her boyfriend. “Rock, this is my grandmother Rosalinda, but everybody calls her grandma Rosie.”

“Um, hola.” Rocky tried his best to speak Spanish, but it wasn't working out to well. Avery couldn't help but chuckle. “She speaks English, doesn't she?”

“Yes, I do. But Avery just likes to speak to me in my native language.” Grandma Rosie smiled. She got out of her seat and grabbed a plate of tacos for Rocky to eat, knowing her granddaughter doesn't eat meat. “Are you hungry?”

Before Rocky could turn the food down, the teenage boy spoke out. “Don't even try to turn down grandma's food, she'll make you eat.” He chuckled.

“And this is my other cousin Tony.” Avery introduced, rolling her eyes, making herself a salad.

“So, what brings to here to New Mexico?” Grandma Rosie questioned Rocky, placing the food in front of him at the table.

Rocky looked at Avery, hesitation in his eyes. “We kinda just hopped into the car and somehow made our way here.”

“Well, as long as you guys are here, there's a concert at the Tree House tonight.” Sky informed.

“What's the Tree House?” Rocky questioned.

Avery smiled. “It's just this hangout spot in town where a bunch of bands come to preform.” She turned to her cousin. “Who's playing?”

Sky bit her lip. “Dougie and Jack.” Avery rolled her brown eyes. “But, Sunny, they are really good!” Sky tried to convince her cousin.

“Man, I feel totally out of the loop. Who's Dougie and Jack?” Rocky looked to Tony.

“They are two brothers who sing county music.” Tony shrugged.

“And why doesn't Sunny like them?” The boyfriend continued his questions.

“Dougie I don't mind. Jack is a jerk.” Avery explained. “He used to have a crush on me when I would come here during the summer but I never gave him the time of day. Which really pissed him off.”

“But they are really good singers!” Sky gave her cousin the puppy dog pout.

Avery looked over to her boyfriend. “Do you wanna go?”

Rocky smiled, slipping his arm around her shoulder. “Sure, why not.”

Sky squealed, pulling her cousin's arm.”And now I am going to steal Sunny for a little bit. Tony, don't kill Rocky, I like him so far.” She dragged Avery out of the room.

“Cupcake's in the car!!” She managed to yell out before the door slammed from somewhere in the house.

Rocky smiled to himself, finishing off his tacos. As he stood to clear the plate from the table, Grandma Rosie came up to him, taking the plate from him. “Let me get this for you sweetie.”

She set the plate in the sink, and came back to Rocky. “You're good for Sunny.” Grandma declared, holding her soft hand on Rocky's cheek, a tear in her eye. “You remind me of him.” She said vaguely before walking away into the other room.

Rocky turned to Tony, who was still sitting on the table.”Who is she talking about?”

“My grandpa.” Tony said softly before walking outside with Rocky to the car.

“Hey there.” Rocky smiled, picking Cupcake up out of the car.

“Who is this?” Tony questioned, petting the puppy.

“This is Cupcake, the puppy I bought for Avery.” The boyfriend explained, walking back into the house.

“You guys are pretty serious.” Tony noted.

Rocky shrugged, a sweet smile came across his face. “Yeah, I guess you could say that.”

Tony looked Rocky in the eyes. “Don't break her heart man.” He paused, trying to think of the right words. “She can't take it. She may seem strong, but she is so fragile, especially since grandpa died.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Let me know what you think!! Sorry about my spanish, might not be so good...

Comment and vote!! :D

Lots of Love - Raz