Runaways

Avery's breath hitched, looking into Rocky's eyes. “What?”

“You heard me.” Rocky smiled, a plan forming in his head. “We can leave tonight.” When he saw her hesitation, he explained. “We won't be gone forever, just a few days. And we'll be back before you have to go back to work.”

She thought for a moment, than a smile slowly growing on her face. “I'll be ready by midnight.” Rocky beamed, pulling his girlfriend in for a sweet kiss.

~~~

Dear Liam:

I am okay. Just needed to get away for a few days.

Be home soon – Sunny

Avery quickly wrote a note for her uncle, placing it on her bed where she knows he'll find it.

11:55 pm. The clock on her nightstand flashed. She did one more check, making sure she had everything she was gonna need, including Cupcake's things.

12:00 am. A honk from outside had Avery grabbing her bag and her baby, sneaking past Liam's room. After closing the apartment door, she bolted down four flights of stairs and straight towards Rocky's lime green jeep.

“You ready?” He questioned, a certain glow surrounded him. Avery nodded her head, slipping her hand into Rocky's. And in a blink of an eye, the young couple was peeling out of the parking lot into the darkness of the open highway.

~~~

6:00 am the clock on Rocky's dashboard read as the couple drove through Phoenix, Arizona.

“Smile!” Avery exclaimed, laughter in her voice as she pointed her cell phone towards Rocky. He had one hand on the steering wheel and the other one on Cupcake, who was trying to kiss his daddy. “My two boys.” She gushed, capturing the moment forever.

On the dash, Rocky's phone light up. Mom came up on the caller ID. The couple looked at each other, both nervous. But before they could answer, the call cut to voice mail.

On Avery's cell phone, a picture of Liam came up as he tried to call his niece. She hit the mute button, a second later, the phone had a new voice mail.

Where the hell are you Avery?! I am freaking out over here! Your dad is going to kill me... The recording ended. She looked over to her boyfriend. “Did we do the right thing?”

“Give me you phone.” Rocky demanded, ignoring the question, holding out his hand. Avery didn't hesitate to give over her iPhone to her boyfriend.

He took both of the phones, turned them off, and shoved them into the glove compartment. “If we are going to run away, we're gonna do it right.” He winked at her. “Just you and me babe.”

She smiled softly, slipping her hand into his. “That sunrise is beautiful.” She looked out of the window, watching the sun come out of hiding from behind the city.

Rocky brought her hand to his lips. “That's not the only thing that's beautiful.”

~~~

7:00 am The couple decided to pull over for breakfast and gas. They ended up at a Waffle House somewhere in Arizona.

“What can I get for you guys?” An old waitress questioned, snapping her gum.

“I'll have the All-Star breakfast and some Coke.” Rocky replied, handing her the menu.

“I'll have the chocolate chip pancake meal. No sausage or bacon please. And ice tea.” Avery smiled. The waitress rolled her eyes and walked away.

“Are you Avery Mason?” A little girl questioned, walking up to Avery and Rocky.

She looked to her boyfriend, than back to the little girl. “I must really look like her, cause I get that a lot, but no. My name is Sunny.”

The little girl frown slightly and walked back to her parents across the room.

“What was that?” Rocky questioned, an amused smirk on his face.

She smiled. “I just though we ran away to get away from it all, including our fans.”

“We did.” The boyfriend smiled, holding her hand in his under the table.

~~~

10:00 am Rocky and Avery flew down the highway in his lime green jeep, the top down and the radio was blasting.

Avery's long brown hair was blowing around her face, her laughter was carrying in the wind. “Turn it up! I love this song!” She exclaimed when another song came on the radio.

Rocky smiled, putting the volume to the highest. Cupcake was sitting in his lap, excited.

Out of curiosity, Avery pulled her phone from out of the glove compartment, switching it on. She was greeted by a picture of her and the rest of the R5 family, all pile onto one another in the middle of the Lynch's living room. 30 missed calls & 20 text

“Can you check mine too?” Rocky questioned, lowering down the radio.

Avery nodded and pulled out his Iphone, which was covered in a lime green case. When she turned the phone on, she was greeted by a picture of herself strumming Rocky's acoustic guitar, sitting on his bed. “You have 28 missed calls and 25 texts.”

“Can you read them to me?” He asked, changing the radio station.

Avery started rattling on some of the text Rocky received over the last ten hours. “Dude where are you? - Riker.” She chuckled at the next one. “Are you with Sunny? Cause Liam says she gone too. - Rydel.”

Avery scrolled down his missed calls. “Your parents have called almost twenty times.”

Rocky rolled his eyes. “What about yours?”

She put his cell phone back on the dash, and picked her phone up. “You're dad's gonna murder me! - Liam” She read through some of the other text from her friends and uncle. “So, where did you and Rocky go? ;P – Ross.”

Avery went through her missed calls, reading them out loud. “Liam, Mama Stormie, Papa Mark, Rydel, Zander.”

“Who's Zander?” Rocky questioned curiously, resting his arm on the back of Avery's headrest.

“Um, just a friend of mine.” She answered, mentally cursing at herself. Avery grabbed Rocky's lime green blanket from the back of the jeep, pulling it over herself. “I'm gonna take a nap. Wake me up when you need me to take over.”

Avery curled into ball, holding Rocky's hand as she feel asleep.

~~~

12:00 pm. Avery had her country music playing quietly as Rocky laid fast asleep in the passenger seat, Cupcake laying at his feet.

“Welcome to Las Cruces, NM.” She mumbled to herself, reading a passing sign. A familiarity feel over her as she drove through the city.

“What's going on?” Rocky muttered, shaking himself out of sleep.

“I know where we are.” Avery exclaimed with excitement, navigating the car.

“And where is that?” He questioned, a smirk on his face. He picked up Cupcake, giving him a pet.

Avery smiled and pulled the car into a long driveway. “We're at my Grandma's house.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Let me know what you think! :D

Comment and vote! :D

Lots of Love - Raz