The Perfect Day

It has been almost a month since Avery moved to California, and she loves it. She has made friends with her cast mates, and the members of R5, especially Rocky.

After filming on a Friday, Rydel meet up with Avery in the dressing room with a smile on her face. “Some of us are going to Get Shaved. You wanna come?”

Avery looked confused. “Excuse me?

"Get shaved?” Rydel laughed.

“It's an ice cream place in Northridge.” She explained.

“That sounds like fun.”Avery nodded.

“Good. We're just gonna take our van. Met us up from in, say ten minutes.” Rydel smiled and walked away.

“You coming with us?” Rocky asked when he walked up to Avery. But when she went to open her mouth, Laura walked by with a smile on her face.

“Hi Rocky.” She beamed.

“Hey Laura.” Rocky replied nonchalantly. Laura walked away with a huge smile on her face. Avery chuckled. Rocky looked at her. “What?”

“It's so obvious she likes you.” Avery explained. Rocky's eyebrows bunched up.

“No she doesn't.” He protested.

“Of course you wouldn't notice.” Avery uttered as she grabbed her purse and started to walk to the parking lot with him.

“What's that suppose to mean?” He asked defensively.

“I'm just saying that you don't notice that she is always trying to flirt with you.” Avery put her hands up to surrender. Rocky just rolled his brown eyes. When they got to the van,they climbed to the back of the van, both smirking. Avery noticed Laura staring at them,so she gave her a small wave and a sweet smile.

As they drove, Avery suddenly felt very tired. She had Rocky wrap his arm over her shoulder so she could use him as a pillow. She feel asleep, and Rocky rested his head on hers. They both woke up when they heard they click of a video camera starting. “Really Delly?” Avery moaned as she woke up, not bothering to move Rocky's arm off of her.

“What? It's cute!” Rydel said in defense, still holding the camera up to them.

“Say cheese.” Ratliff said jokingly. Avery moaned and hid her face in Rocky's chest.

“Oh, guys look at the sun set!” Raini exclaimed as she peered through the window.

“Oh, yeah that is pretty cool.” Riker noted as he pulled into the Get Shaved parking lot. When the car came to a stop, everyone piled out, heading straight to the counter.

“So what's good to get here?” Avery asked Ross.

“I like the blue vanilla ice cream.” He explained. “But you might like the cookie dough.” Together they made their way to the counter and order just that.

“Sunny, come here!” Ratliff called from the table.

“What?” She questioned as she walked over to him.

“This bacon ice cream is really good. You want some?” He asked sarcastically.

“Oh, someone thinks he is hilarious.” Avery said with sarcasm. “Asking the vegetarian if she wants bacon ice cream.”

Ratliff wrapped his arm around her shoulder. “I'm just messin' with you!” Then he thought about something. “You're from Chicago, right?” Avery nodded. “Let's make a bet.”

“I'm listening.” Avery said seriously. The whole group gathered around the two.

“Okay, when the Bears and Packers play in the fall, I bet you that the Packers will cream the bears.” Ratliff explained. “If, and when I am right, you have to eat a nice juicy burger.”

Avery thought about it for a minute, “Okay, and when the Bears destroy the Packers, you have to shave your head.”

“Ms. Mason. You have yourself a deal.” Ratliff said as he looked dead into her eyes.

“Shake on it.” Riker said from the side. Ratliff and Avery shook hands on their bet. “Delly, did you get that on video?” He asked.

“Yup!” Rydel held her camera up as proof.

“Remind me never to make a bet with Sunny.” Rocky said while touching his long hair. Everybody laughed.

“Okay Ratliff, get off of me.” Avery said playfully as she moved from under his arm.

BANG!

“What was that?!” Avery practically yell

“Sunny, chill. It's just the fireworks starting.” Ross explained as he pointed to the sky.

“Oh, I knew that.” She said, playing it cool. The group made their way to an empty patch of grass. Avery found her place next to Rocky. When the next one shoot up, Avery smiled. “Oh, I love the Weeping Willows.” She whispered to Rocky. ( http://ih2.redbubble.net/image.4216348.5020/flat,550x550,075,f.jpg )

“It's beautiful.” Rocky said as he gazed at Avery.

The group kept commenting on the various fireworks. Avery looked around to see the kids playing with ice cream in their shirts, running around with sparklers and all of her friends enjoying the night under the colorful night sky. During the finale Rocky draped his arm around her shoulder, and she rested her head on his chest. “What a great ending to a perfect day.” She whispered with a smile.