♪trio♪

logan closed his locker, turning two his two best friends, "you know what i just realized?"

"what? that if all three of us go to new york we'll be leaving behind your sister, who's like the unofficial fourth musketeer for us?" blaine suggested curiously as he watched sam apply chapstick.

"no but now that you've said it, that's all i'm going to be able to think about so thanks for that," the youngest of the three grumbled as sam pocketed his chapstick.

sam attempted to refocus logan, his interest peaked, "what did you realize logan?"

"that the three of us have never done a number together."

sam looked incrediously at the dancer, "really?"

"he's right," blaine gasped. "logan normally only sings in group numbers and when we did guilty pleasures he didn't sing anything except mamma mia."

the picture became clear for sam, seeing that they were 1000% correct, "we have to change that, like right now!"

"that's exactly what i was thinking. so you guys may make fun of me for this but can we do this song?"

blaine looked at the phone screen to see the sheet music logan pulled up, falling immediately in love with the idea, "oh my god, yes!"

unique was incredibly pleased by the trio of senior boys and their rendition on destiny child's "jumpin'", "doing it for the people."

will applauded the trio, never been prouder to see his son sing, "you guys, that was amazing, but, i'm not sure it's right for nationals."

"yes, 'cause unique will not be standing in the back swaying while you guys go all three-yoncé in the spotlight."

"why does everything you say have to sound like that?" kitty groaned earning a light smack on the forearm from cass.

logan laughed at kitty's commentary, "we know it's not right for nationals, we just wanted to do it for fun."

"yeah, we were talking and logan realized that we'd never done a number together."

sam nodded, piggybacking on blaine's explanation, "so, as seniors we... realized we're running out of time and we wanted to feel the power of a trio."

"which, i learned in my senior math class," artie interjected, emphasizing the senior part. "is about 25% less powerful than a quartet."

tina nodded, folding her arms over her chest, "and that's like 20% less powerful then a quintet."

"well, i'm really glad that you guys did that. you probably don't realize this, but these are friendships that you're gonna cherish for the rest of your lives. and you've got to squeeze in as many experiences as you can because, for you seniors, you're all gonna be going your separate ways very soon."