♪truth♪

"i am very disappointed in you guys," mr. schue patronized, learning that half of his glee club has stopped singing.

finn turned to rachel, spitting his words like venom, " i can't believe you narced on us."

"i can," the blake siblings laugh together.

rachel shoots daggers at the pair, if she didn't know that blake was older she'd assume they were twins, "don't get mad at me for exposing your laziness. i'm tired of carrying all of your weight. regionals is in a month, guys."

"i'm just trying to understand what's going on here," mr. schue turned to his leading man, "finn, why did you stop singing?"

"cause you started giving all the male leads to jesse. it kind of shook my confidence, y'know."

santana let out an exasperated sigh, "what difference does it make? everyone knows that my job here is to look hot."

"she's not doing a very good job then," blake snickered in mercedes' ear, earning a glare from santana.

quinn cradled her stomach, "my baby hormones are making me moody."

"we know," logan laughed, having experienced it first hand when they lived with finn. she stuck out her tongue at the freshman, earning the same response back.

"there are so many lyrics," brittany whined, leaning against matt.

"okay. a chain is only as strong as its weakest link. a glee club is about a myriad of voices coming together as one. alright? this ends now. which is why your assignment for the week is for each of you to come up with a song that best represents how you see yourself, where you are in your lives right now. your voice. then you're going to stand up here and sing your hearts out. all of you."

mike visibly gulps, terrified to sing by himself, "solos? in front of everyone?"

mr. schue grimly nods at the boy, clapping his shoulder, "the glee club has lost its voice. it's time for us to get it back."

mercedes and blake walk into glee together, having had their last class together, only to be met by puck, who this week was interested in wooing mercedes to be his latest arm candy, "girl, you got more curves than a nissan ad."

mercedes looked at the freshly buzzed puck, offended on so many levels by what he said, "seriously? that's what you came up with?"

blake rubbed her hands together before smacking puck upside the head, earning giggles from everyone in the room, "puckerman, did they shave off the last bit of brain cells you had?"

mr. schue walked in, clapping twice, "alright, guys. let's get things started."

rachel quickly jumped up from her seat, "as i was first on the sign-up sheet, i'll kick things off. i have chosen miley cyrus's "the climb" because it's about overcoming obstacles and beating the odds. in my case, the obstacle is you, my lackluster teammates who refuse to carry their own weight."

"