♪new deal♪

"mr. schuester, i have an announcement. i've selected the perfect moving ballad for finn and i to sing to launch our performance at sectionals," rachel pressed as mr. schue walked in.

"me first. two things. first, our competition at sectionals are your classic stool choirs. great voices, but they don't move. now if we're gonna beat them, we need to do what they can't. dance. Which is why i've decided to feature brittany and mike chang's sweet moves in our performance."

rachel stares at him, in shock, "wait, they're gonna dance in front of me while i sing my solo?"

"you're not getting a solo for this competition rachel."

"finally!" mercedes exclaimed. "so what song do i get to sing?"

"i was thinking that the winners of our duets competition would take the leads."

rachel yells, furious, "ken and barbie?! wait a-a-are are you trying to throw this?"

"oh this is fantastic," blake snickered. 

quinn leaned forward to look at rachel, "you used to be just sort of unlikeable, but now, i pretty much feel like punching you every time you open your mouth."

"okay, listen, i have talked the talk about everyone in here feeling special for over a year now, but frankly i haven't walked the walk. i mean, we have got a lot of talent here, and i'm gonna highlight it."

rachel whispers to finn, who gets up to object, "look, i'm all for... pumping up the team, making everyone feel special, but that's for practice. you don't take the star quarterback out before the big game."

tina scoffed at him, "easy to say when you're the star quarterback."

"this isn't just about me, this is about the team."

santana rolled her eyes, "you are such a hypocrite."

"oh, like you even know what that means," rachel snarls at her.

"it means that your boyfriend is full of crap, hobbit!"

rachel turns in her chair to face the latina, "you know what? ever since the wedding you've been up my butt and i am sick of it!"

"c'mon rachel, she's not worth it," finn told her.

santana smirked, seeing her window of opportunity to destroy them, "oh really? cuz that's not what you thought last year in that motel room. that's right yentl, your sweetheart? he's been lying to you, cuz he and i totally got it on last year."

"oh shit, didn't see that coming," sam gasped, turning to blake.

blake waved her hand, unfazed by the information, "old news."

"okay enough already!" will yelled over the bomb santana dropped. "no more conversations about this, or-or anything! this is our plan for Sectionals, and that is that. mike, brittany, c'mon up, let's start choreographing."

mike and britt paired blake and sam together for "time of my life", which didn't make sense because he and quinn were lead, when blake left the rehearsal sam followed closely behind, "blake, can we talk about it?"