♪beat it♪

mercedes pointed her freshly manicured finger at blaine anderson, "you don't get it. i don't want to see the spectacle that is michael. i want to be the spectacle."

"you are, mama," cass winked as will approaches the group of them.

"everything okay?"

mercedes shook her head no, turning to face her best friend's father, "look, we love being back in new direction, but- we hate that we missed our chance this year to do michael."

"yeah, i get it. and i've been thinking a lot about regionals and maybe we can do michael again," the teacher offered, pleasing his group.

blaine smirked at the suggestion, "i for one know exactly what song we should start michael with."

"have you talked to your mother?" will asked his daughter after she left her french class, the class her mother taught

she shook her head no, "she hasn't been in school for a few weeks."

"would you have talked to her either way? to hear her out or at least get some closure?" he asked, stopping in front of the choir room as the kids began to file in complaining about how the warblers are taking michael from them.

"i don't know that i want to hear her out," she told him walking in behind blaine as he's talking to tina.

"i know it sucks, guys, but it's not the end of the world. heck, you had your set list stolen the day of the competition at sectionals, and you pulled that one off, right?"

artie rolls in with rory and sam, "well, they can have our journey and our dreamgirls, but pilfering my michael, mm-mm, that's another level, not okay."

"i'm not exactly comfortable having this conversation with blaine in the room. clearly, once a warbler, always a warbler," puck told his friends, glaring at the one who told sebastian about them doing michael.

"uh, wh-what?"

puck wasn't backing down, he was angry and rightfully so, "dude, you told them what we were gonna do. you're like a modern-day eggs benedict. he's on notice as far as i'm concerned."

"we should all be on notice," finn told puck, silencing the room. "i mean, next to vocal adrenaline, the warblers are the best glee club in the state, and for a lot of us, this is our last shot at a championship, so we should stop complaining about the warblers and figure out how to beat them."

will walked into the room with his son, "i couldn't have said it better myself, finn. i'm less worried about our set list right now and more interested in getting us in the right mindset to crush those guys. which is why our lesson for the week is what would michael jackson do?"