♪movie mashup♪

will schuester walked into the choir room slowly, writing "movies" on the white board, "everybody loves movies. they don't just tell stories they transport us to other worlds. they are inspirational. they provide comfort, and they help us escape from our day-to-day anxieties."

"like getting left at the altar?" kitty offered, sparking an awkward silence to fill the room.

ryder sighed, shaking his head, "too soon."

"exactly. or in your guys' case, studying for exams or worrying about regionals. in any case, for this week's assignment, i want you to pick your favorite songs from your favorite movies."

"unique knows all there is to know about the crying game."

kitty looked directly at marley, hissing, "you don't get dibs on les mis just because you are the poster."

logan turned to the sophomore cheerio, "cut it out kitty."

"finally i can do my nicolas cage
impression. oh, not the bees! no! the bees! no!" sam yelled, impersonating nicholas cage rather badly.

kitty grimaced, "that is the worst nicolas cage impression i've ever seen."

artie nodded in agreement, "do you even know who nicolas cage is?"

cass mumbles lowly to herself, ensuring that no one could hear her, "i thought it was cute."

"okay, it's not that simple, guys. this is a group competition boys against girls and we are doing mash-ups. now remember, movies are visual. so it's not just about the singing it's about performance, it's about theatricality, it's about the language of cinema."

"preach," artie sang as he rolled to the front. "and as i move into production on my first micro-budget feature i'm happy to offer starring roles to whichever team wins. no trailers, no per diem."

will smiled down at his handicapped senior, "great. okay. well, everyone split up and start working on your song choices."

finn nudged the history teacher, "hey. can i talk to you for a sec?"

cass looked between the two, realizing what it was about, "i'll... help them with their song choices."

"we should do the artist so we don't have to sing."

cass laughed at sugar's suggestion, finding her creativity amusing, "you have to sing sugar, that's the whole point."

blaine and brittany found sam, marley, jake, tina and logan loitering at sam's locker, "guys, brittany and i were just talking."

britt interrupted him, excited, "and we agree that though we love that it's mash-up week and that it's girls versus boys."

blaine finished for brittany, "it sucks that the guys and the girls can't do a number together, so we were thinking, just as a warm-up, we should do the guys versus girls in the same number, to kick things off."

"and then the girls can kick the boys' butts."

logan scoffs at brittany, feeling confident that the boys would win this time, "uh, or vice versa."

"which is my favorite fred savage movie," britt mumbles, confusing everyone. 

"well, it'd have to be the perfect movie song, you know, like, uh "dream warriors" from nightmare on elm street 3."

tina rolls her eyes at sam, "yeah, or a good song like "let the river run" from working girl."

"or "wind beneath my wings" from beaches," marley offered, closing her locker