♪nationals♪

"can you believe we're in new york right now lo?" cass breathed, craning her neck upwards to see the towering buildings that surround times square.

logan looked from billboard to billboard, amazed, "no, i thought we'd be stuck in lima heights for the rest of our lives."

"isn't it crazy how much our lives have changed," cass laughed looking back at their friends, focusing on mercedes and a certain blonde.

logan nodded, following her line of sight to mercedes, "i'm glad it has."

they refocus on their teammates hearing finn patronize them, not specifcally them but their group as a whole, "guys, hold on. i mean, we still have two songs to write."

"okay, mr. bossy pants. but i think we have some time for a tune before we leave," kurt told him, beginning to sing with mercedes.

♪start spreading the news♪
♪i'm leaving today♪
♪i want to be a part of it♪
♪new york, new york♪

rachel excitedly scurried up to then, "guys, i have news. to celebrate our impending win at nationals i got us all 15 tickets to broadway's longest-running show ever, cats."

"yeah, you did?" cass laughed knowingly.

quinn rolled her eyes at how naive and oblivious she is, "you might want to check the dates on those tickets, rachel because-"

"cats closed about 11 years ago," cass finished for quinn, laughing at the broadway baby's lack of knowledge of what shows were running.

rachel checked the tickets, realizing that they were right, "he did seem crazy. he charged my credit card by swiping it through his butt crack."

while the new directions waited in the lobby for their teacher to check them in, they broke up into groups excitedly talking about new york. mercedes and logan were sitting closely on the couch as sam bumped into cass' shoulder, "did you know that new york city was built right on top of old york city?"

"i'm pretty sure that's not true," she giggled.

"well, i'm just pretty," he laughed, flipping his hair.

she nodded, petting him laughing, "that you are."

"aww thank you."

mr. schue called all their attention in the lobby, announcing, "guys, group meeting. in the room now."

kurt read through the room service menu, "do you know that i can get an ahi tartare and a steak sandwich at 3:00 in the morning from their all-night dining menu? i feel like eloise."

"i have pills for that," britt informs him as their fearless leader, william schuester, walked into the room.

"all right, guys. this is your time. now, you are all on lockdown till you finish writing our songs for nationals. i want at least two solid verses by the time i get back."

tina watched him turn to leave, confused, "aren't you gonna help us?"

"i, um- i will be back and read your amazing creations and give notes. but right now i have to head to the theater to, uh, fill out some paperwork."

the moment mr. schue closed the door, finn turned to the brunette who sat on top of the desk, "cass, you got anything?"

"shut up finn," she hissed at him, clutching her notebook from regionals to her chest.

sam agreed with the junior, "no he's right, you're really good."

"i'm working on it," cass mumbled, scribing some of her ideas onto paper.