♪prom pt.2♪

"good morning, mckinley high!" sue called on the morning announcements. "first of all, to those of you thoughtful enough to leave maternity gifts outside my office, both i and my unborn child thank you for your lackluster cracker barrel meat-and-cheese medleys, and i'm sure that my trash can will find them delicious. now it's time to announce this year's senior prom court nominees. your choices for prom king are rick "the stick" nelson, president brittany s. pierce. that's weird. and also, finn hudson. and now on to the category we all really care about: prom queen. becky for prom queen 2012! missy gunderson, santana lopez, quinn fabray, and huh...cass schuester."

"what?!" cass screamed in the middle of math class, earning all eyes on him.

"congratulations to all our nominees-" then the violent sounds of xylophone rang over the intercom, "becky, becky, becky! that's an antique!"

at the bell, cass schuester stormed into the choir room yelling at her peers, "what the hell?! who nominated me for prom queen?"

"i did," mercedes admitted, raising her hand.

"are you kidding me?! is this some kind of joke?"

logan and sam shook their heads, both saying, "no, i helped her."

"do you all hate me or something?" she whined, sitting as fair away from the trio as possible.

sam shook his head, blowing her a kiss, "nope, the exact opposite."

"i hate you all."

the three who nominated her, all said together as their teacher walked in, "no you don't."

"a big congrats to all our prom nominees! but, hey, listen up. We are all winners, because principal figgins asked new directions to sing again this year! brittany has an announcement."

britt skipped to the front, "hello, my fellow americans. the theme for this year's prom will be "dinosaurs"."

"sheer genius," santana sighed lovingly.

"thanks. i was inspired by the new girl joe, who reminds me of a cavewoman."

"he's a dude," logan sniggers as britt continues.

"the refreshments will be berries, meat and rainwater. as you are no doubt aware, the u.s elections are riddled with corruption. therefore, to keep the prom elections completely aboveboard, i have appointed santana and quinn to count the ballots."

"what?" rachel gasped, appalled by brittany's judgement despite the fact that it has no effect on her whatsoever. "that makes no sense!"

"shut it, richard simmons," santana snapped at her. "yes, quinn's my homegirl, but i don't trust her, and you know she doesn't trust me."

"we'll keep each other honest," quinn agreed. 

"you know, it's actually not a bad idea."

britt smiled at mercedes, then continues in her announcements, "and last but not least, all hair gel has been banned from the prom. i'm actually not joking. hair gel was not invented until almost 30 million years after the Upper paleolithic stone age. and frankly, i don't like the way you look. therefore, anyone who shows up to prom wearing hair gel will be turned away at the door. i hereby decree this to be the best prom ever."

mr. schue couldn't help but laugh, "okay. let's start thinking of dinosaur songs."

mercedes dragged cass to the nearest dress shop after school to find the perfect prom dresses. cass stepped out of the fitting room wearing a form fitting royal blue dress, "why do you want me to wear this dress? i liked that black one, it wasn't so low cut. i'm not comfortable wearing something like this and it's blue, why blue?"