♪prom♪

"miss schuester?"

cass looked up from her book, seeing that mr. figgins and coach sylvester were standing in front of her, "god, that's still a little weird to hear. yes sir?"

"will you join us?" principal figgins asked, leading her and sue into his office across the hall.

cass looked in his office seeing her adoptive father sitting in there waiting, "do i have a choice?"

"no, cass. sit down."

cass looked to her old cheerleading coach, nervous that this was about what she thought, "is this what i think it's about ms. sylvester?"

"yes," she nodded solemnly.

mr. schue looked to his daughter, angry, "david karofsky sexually assaulted you? why haven't you told anyone?"

"i told sue. he'd been doing it for a while, i had enough and told sue. he's stopped even looking my direction since kurt came back," she explained looking down at her fingers. 

mr. schue wasn't upset that she didn't tell him, but that she was going through it alone, "but you'd experienced this before so why didn't you report him sooner?"

"that's exactly why i never told you or reported it, i had learned how to handle it so i endured it. anyways, why am i here?"

principal figgins sighed, folding his hands on his desk, "we cannot do anything to david. the most we can do is make sure you guys don't have classes. but if you want to take legal action, you can."

"fine, thank you for telling me. no, i don't want to take him to court," cass told schuester before leaving the adults. 

cass walked straight to glee club, seeing everyone except their teacher already their. cass slumped down in the chair next to sam's, plopping her head onto his shoulder. he looked down at her, "you okay?"

"yeah i'm fine. nothing to worry about hun."

sam chuckled, "hun?"

"sorry it slipped," she apologized, lifting her head up off his shoulder as will comes into the room and writes "prom" on the board.

"alright, guys prom."

sam looked at him in horror, "please tell me we’re not doing songs about prom."

"nope, we are the prom. figgins has asked us to perform."

"let’s do "run joey run"," rachel squeals, earning skeptical looks from everyone who'd been here for that performance.

logan laughed, "are you doped up? that song was trash."

will smiles at his son, finding his reaction amusing, "now, i know this isn’t ideal with nationals coming up, but we really don’t have a choice. and, we could really use the money. but i know that prom is a special rite of passage. i want to make sure that all of you guys get a chance to enjoy the dance, too. so we’re gonna stagger out the performances so that each and every one of you has a lot of time to dance with your dates."

"excuse me," mercedes leaves the room upset.

will looks to his kids and kurt, her best friends, "is she okay?"