♪one shot♪

"i hate getting sick. i missed all the good stuff. mercedes really threw a brick through kurt's window?" blake gasped as she brought logan home from glee. she was too sick with the flu to come to school but she was bored out of her mind so she got up and picked logan up from school because otherwise he'd have no way home.

"yes! because she thinks that kurt is in love with rachel," logan yells in between his laughter.

blake gasped turning to her brother, caught off guard by the reasoning mercedes had, "you're kidding?!"

"i swear on my life," logan laughed as they climbed out of her truck and head up to their apartment.

"damn. i can never be sick again because then someone will announce their marriage," cass laughs as they walk into the front door, welcomed by the sound of glass shattering and a scream. cass sadly smiled at her brother, quickly painting it over with her stoic expression, "home sweet home."

mr. schuester had a plan, perhaps not a good plan but he wanted to see how it would play out. in glee club he hands out sheet music, "tonight" from west side story. he hands each of his students a copy, confident in his choice.

after he hands rachel berry her copy and she inspects it for a minute, she seems taken aback, "excuse me, this isn't the right key."

"no. it's actually the right key," mr. schue retorts, shocking her.

rachel furrows her eyebrows at her teacher, "no, no, this is the alto part."

"yep. blake's doing the solo," he announces, handing blake the copy of the sheet music. she's worked hard to learn how to read music, she has a nice voice, she's earned this.

rachel stares at the brunette, surprised to hear who has taken her dream part, "i'm sorry, there must be some sort of mix up. i thought i made it very clear that anything from "west side story" goes to me. maria is my part! natalie wood was a jew, you know. i've had a very deep, personal connection to this role since the age of one."

"well, i'm trying to shake things up a bit. get us out of our boxes. and not that you would know but blake has been working really hard to get on the rest of your levels of musicianship," mr. schue informs rachel, squeezing blake's shoulder softly making her wince.

rachel ignores his comment about blake, "you're trying to punish me."

"i think you're being irrational," he countered.

"i think you're being unfair!" rachel yelled, scaring artie who was sitting next to her.

mr. schue looked at one of his strongest voices, disappointed in her selfishness, "i think you're being unfair to blake, who might have been happy about getting her first solo."

"she knows how much i respect her," rachel began motioning to the girl.

blake looked down at her sheet music, trying to figure out the key signature, "you respect me? when was that because i must have missed it."

rachel glares at her, not appreciating her snark in the situation, "and i think she would agree with me that she's not ready for such an iconic role as maria."

"no i am," blake smiled at the overdramatic mezzo-soprano across the room. with that comment, rachel dramatically storms out of the room.

artie looked at the door that rachel just slammed, "the more times she storms out of rehearsal, the less impact it has."