♪mashed up♪

"get the hell out of my house and don't come back!"

blake pushed logan out of the front door to her truck, screaming back into the apartment, "good i wasn't going to come back anyway, you bastard. if you ever touch him again i will make you regret it."

she slammed the front door to their apartment, causing their father to scream more at them but now it was muffled by the walls. logan lightly laid a hand on his big sister's small shoulder, "cassie. it wasnt that big of a deal."

"the hell it was," she yelled back at her brother. she was so beyond furious, her whole body was shaking from pure rage. "get in the truck, logan. he can put his hands on me but i draw the line when he touches you."

new message to: hudson
from: blake
hey. could logan and i please crash at your house for a few. if anything just logan, i have no one else to ask.

new message: hudson
to: blake
of course. whatever you need. what happened.

by the time they had gotten to school, they were late so they just made their way to the choir room for their glee block, seeing quinn clean off finn's face with a towel. simultaneously, finn and blake asked the other, "what happened to you?"

finn chuckled, making a fake shushie throwing gesture, "karofsky."

"great. this is a disaster. our reputation as mckinley high's "it" couple is in serious jeopardy if we don't find some way to be cool again, finn," quinn whined as she whips some of the grape slushie from her boyfriend's face.

"the slushee war has commenced," logan announced, using an announcers voice to be funny and lighten the mood.

artie smiled at logan, finding his voice perfectly timed, "and if finn and quinn got nailed, none of us are safe."

mr. schue walked in the room, "okay, guys. we're a little behind for sectionals thanks to our sue sylvester detour. but you guys seem to really enjoy doing mash-ups, right? and i'm gonna keep you guys fired up. plus, there's an important lesson to be learned with mash-ups. sometimes things are so different, they don't feel like they go together. but the big difference between them is what makes them great. like chocolate and bacon."

"or glee club and football," finn groaned, slumping down as quinn pressed the towel to his eye.

blake looked down at her shoes, whispering to herself still fuming from her fight earlier, "or me and my father."

mr. schue, only having heard finn's suggestion smiles pointedly at him, "exactly. but you've proven that it is a great combination. so here is my personal favorite song. and your homework for the week is to find an unexpected mash-up to go with it."

""Bust a Move", this song is old school," mercedes snickers.

mr. schue realizes that he just dated himself, making the kids think he's old based of his song choice, and quickly moves on with his plan for the day, " all right. um, artie, try to follow along on the bass. finn, take us through it."

"uh, i'm sorry, mr. schuester. i got corn syrup in my eye," finn whined, not really wanting to do the song.
mr. schue again is thrown, "okay. uh, puck. how about it?"

"i don't really groove on young mc," puck rejects the offer, staring at the sheet music.

rachel looks at finn, namely, disappointed in them, "i am shocked at the lack of leading-man ambition in this room right now."

"it's okay, rachel. i guess i'm gonna have to show these guys how it's done. bust it!"

 bust it!"