♪sectionals♪

"so you mean to tell me that you've stayed at mr. schue's for three days and you two already prefer it to staying with me?" finn asked incredulously.

blake nodded, taking a big drink out of her coffee cup that mr. schue made her that morning, "he makes me coffee and gave us our own beds."

"i could have made you coffee!" finn defended, making blake laugh at him.

"but you didn't."

"you're so mean to me. you know that?" finn asked rhetorically, earning a nod from her making him smile. "how's mr. schue coming with finding a replacement for him?"

"he said he was going to ask miss pillsbury about it this morning before school. then he proceeded to ask me if i needed him to stop at the store to pick up anything, that was an awkward conversation," she laughed handing him her coffee as she went to unlock her locker, hearing mercedes and kurt pass by behind her talking on the phone.

finn laughed, taking a sip of her coffee before remembering that he hates the taste, "like girly products?"

"i guess he saw me put a box of tampons under the sink."

"smooth schuester, smooth," finn laughed as the two walked to glee.

mr. schue walked in with miss pillsbury, "hey, guys? let's, uh... let's gather 'round. well... i have found my replacement. so, give it up for ms. pillsbury."

"so, do you even know anything about music?" santana questioned, clearly not wanting her to be here.

emma and will shared a look, "well... what's important is that she cares about you guys every bit as much as i do. now... i-i don't know what the future holds for me, and for us, but I know, saturday, you're going to make me proud. you guys are going to be great. so... good-bye for now."

"wait. what about our set list?" mercedes asked, seeing that he was leaving without helping at all.

mr. schue sighed, saddened by the situation, "i... i can't help you with that. you've got to figure that out for yourselves."

they sat in silence for a moment after their leader left, artie broke the silence, "well, we have to do "proud mary" in wheelchairs. that's in."

"and "don't stop believing," for sure," finn added, everyone agreeing with him.

tina smiled nodding, "what about the ballad?"

rachel automatically got up, "i would be thrilled to contribute a ballad from my repertoire."

mercedes looks to kurt and blake, fed up with rachel, "okay, you know what, miss bossy pants? enough. i've worked just as hard as you, and i'm just as good as you. you know, you always end up stealing the spotlight."

"mercedes, do you honestly think you're as strong of a balladeer as I am?" rachel asked, irritating mercedes even more than before when she whispers to ms. pillsbury, "ballads are kind of my thing."

"she's so rude," logan whispered into his sister's ear, wanting to smack rachel for how she was treating mercedes.

ms. pillsbury reads the room, "okay, um, rachel? why don't you let mercedes give it a try?