♪returns and recruits♪

cass came in to mckinley high after completing her 10 am class seeing a figure she hadn't seen in four months, "oh, my god finn!"

"hey blakey," he murmured into the top of her head as she hugged him tightly.

"i told you years ago to drop that stupid name."

finn flashed his signature half smirk to the brunette, "never, just because i know you hate it."

"how was rachel?"

finn's smile quickly faded, looking down at his feet, "i think we broke up."

"i'm so sorry. you wanna talk about it?"

"no, not really. how's you and sam?"

cass looked down at her hands, "we broke up."

"do you wanna talk about it? i know he was your first boyfriend."

"not at all. come on, i'll take you to will."

"no, i'm fine. i've got to talk about something with him," finn told her, hugging her again before leaving her in the hall alone.

cass and logan walked into the choir room and logan was shocked by who he saw, making them both laugh until sam walked in, "finn! dude, what's up?"

"i'm just passing through, visiting my mom and burt, and mr. schue said i could come by if i wanted."

"finn Hudson in the house, yo!" artie whooped.

jake turned to marley, looking to cass, "do you know who that is?"

sam decided to make an announcement for the two who didn't know finn, "listen up! for you guys who don't know, this is finn hudson right here."

"i thought you joined the army!" tina gasped running to hug him.

"i-i did, but-"

schue finished for him, "but things don't always work out the way you planned them to. and i said to finn the same i say to everyone who comes through this club: we're a family, and you're always welcome here. even if you just need to take a break and think things through. in any case, we have a lot to do today. first order of business: deciding what the fall musical's going to be."

cass started distributing her papers, "all right! so i'm passing out a list of possibilities."

"peter pan?"

"fiorello? what the heck?"

unique gasps, "unique wants to do hedwig."

tina too talks in the third person, "tina wants to do pacific overtures, miss saigon, and flower drum song."

"the challenge is picking something that plays to our collective strengths, and that won't set off a firestorm in the community like rocky horror did," schue revealed making sense of the random shows they picked.

"you should do grease," finn suggested.

cass smiles, "grease?"

"i know it 'cause the song i auditioned for glee club was from grease, remember? guys like it. girls like it. people like my mom like it. it's about high school, and growing up, and being true to yourself. plus, the songs rock."