♪two is better than one♪

logan woke up monday morning sick as a dog, throwing up the contents of his stomach starting at the crack of dawn. blake came in before she left for school, pressing the back of her hand against his head, "how you feeling kiddo?"

"like death," he groaned, her cool hand feeling nice against his feverish forehead.

blake pulled her hand back, "i'm sorry. go back to sleep i'll check on you later."

logan sleepily nods, laying back down in his bed, "okay. have fun at glee."

after learning some disappointing yet not really shocking news, mr. schuester decided to relay the information to his students, "all right, let's, uh, let's gather around. sorry i'm late, guys. i was with principal figgins. bad news, guys. puckerman's in juvie."

"it really was just a matter of time. i'm just surprised he beat me there," blake laughed to mercedes.

mercedes frowned at her while quinn asked what puck did, "you've changed a lot since last year, i'm proud of you."

"he drove his mom's volvo through the front of a convenience store and drove off with the atm."

"thanks, that means a lot," blake cooed being drowned out by santana and brittany's laughter.

rachel took a deep breath, "when is he getting out?"

"unknown."

"he might be the dumbest person on this planet, and that's coming from me," brittany laughed.

"guys! let's have some sympathy."

"for a guy who put his needs before the team's? we need his voice and his bad-boy stage presence," finn whined, pissed at puck.

"we can't look at this as, as a crisis. it's an opportunity."

"for what?" quinn laughed, not seeing the upside to losing a strong voice. "further embarrassment and humiliation?"

"for welcoming our new member... sam evans!"

sam enters, shocking blake as finn got up to greet him, "there he is. how's it going?"

"hey, everybody, blake. i'm sam. ...sam, i am. ... and i don't like green eggs and ham," sam introduced himself earning a small laugh from blake.

"okay! this is gonna be great. you're not going to regret joining, sam." finn takes sam by the shoulders, leading him to the empty seat beside blake, "sam, you sit right here."

"hey stranger," sam smiled brightly.

blake breathlessly laughed at the blonde, surprised to see him, "i thought you said you weren't gonna risk your new reputation to be in glee."

"i realized what i'd be missing if i turned my back on it."

blake snorted at him, "oh, did you now?"

will smiled at the friendship that apparently already existed between blake and sam, "all right! question for the group. what's a duet?"

britt raised her hand confidently, "a blanket."

"that's a duvet, sweetie," blake laughed, seeing the look of disappointment on brittany's face.