Chapter 39- The Little Things

Harry:

"Make sure you guys are at the studio at 3 Simon wants to start recording for Little Things." Liam said as I followed Niall out the door.

"Okay, bye Li." I said waving at him and then pulling the door shut behind me. I run to catch up with Niall and open his door for him.

"You know I'm not a girl." He said sounding rather annoyed. But I knew he was upset about having to go to the doctor.

"I know, Boo." I said kissing his forehead. He blushed and crawled into the passenger seat.

 I shut the door and ran around the to the driver side and got in. He was staring down at his hands with his lips pressed into a tight line.

"Niall." I said. He didn't look up.

"Niall." I said again. Still nothing.

"Baby," I said and reached over and took his clammy hand in mine.

"Don't be nervous." I said. His watery blue yes flickered up to mine and he smiled weakly at me. I turned my attention back to the road but kept his hand in mine.

"Harry, what if it doesn't work?" He asked as I pulled into the hospital parking lot.

"It will." I said turning off the car and leaning over to peck his lips. We both climbed out and made our way into the hospital.

"Hi, how may I help you?" The middle aged lady at the counter asked.

"He has an appointment with Dr. Corelli." I said.

"Okay, right this way. Big fan by the way." She said smiling at us.

"Thanks." Niall muttered.

I placed my hand on the small of Niall's back as we followed the nurse down the hall.

"Here you go, the doctor should be with you in a few moments." She said and then she shut the door.

Niall sat down on the table and I sat in one of the chairs beside it. After about 10 minutes of waiting the door opened and the familiar face of the doctor who we had meet early appeared.

"Hello Boys." He said coming in and sitting down. "How are you feeling?" He asked Niall.

"Nervous." He said looking over at me.

"There's nothing ot be nervous about, I've done this procedure many times." He said.

"What if it doesn't work?" He asked.

"It will work, I promise. I've done worse. You knee only sllightly dislocates." The doctor said.

"How long will I be out?" Niall asked.

"A maximum of 4 weeks, but with your amount of physical fitness it should probably only be two." He said.

I saw Niall let out a long breath.

"And you won't have to wear this brace anymore, you can go ahead and take it off just be careful." The doctor said.

Niall pulled the brace off and passed it to him.

"So when would you like to do this?" 

We scheduled the surgery and then made our way out to the car.

I went to his side and pulled open the door.

"Would you stop doing that?" He asked. I could hear the acid in his voice.

"Sorry," I said and made my way around to my side and climbed in.

"I'm not a girl Harry, I can do things on my own." He said.