Chapter 46

November

November

"Are you sure you've got everything?"

I stood next to Aiden's car, watching him load the small suitcase he'd packed into the trunk. They were to set off the minute Liam came out of the building.

"I'm sure. Come here." He closed the trunk and made a few steps toward me.

I almost ran into his arms, making a soft smile appear on Aiden's lips. "I'm gonna miss you," I said into his chest.

"Me too. Every minute."

"Learn a lot and have some fun, okay?"

"Will do." Aiden tightened his arms around me.

"Do I get a goodbye kiss?" I looked up at him.

"It's a 'see you soon' kiss." Aiden pressed his lips to mine. I kissed him harder and hadn't it been for Liam, we'd be standing there for a long while.

"Time to say goodbye, boys and girls." I heard Liam's voice behind us.

"Yeah, okay. Drive safe. Bye, guys." I pecked Aiden's lips one more time before turning around to make my way home.

The truth was, I hated saying goodbye to Aiden even if it was just for a short while. After spending so much time together, I couldn't imagine my days without him. It'd be a very long week.

I walked into the cool foyer with the heaviness in my chest, forcing myself not to look at Aiden through the glass door.

"Ellie, wait."

Liam must've entered the building after me, and I was too distracted to notice.

I turned around. "Did you guys want me to bring you something? Anything you forgot?"

"No, we've got everything. It's about Sky."

I lowered my eyes to the shiny marble floor. Sky and I hadn't talked since the party. True, it was only Sunday, but we'd never gone a day without talking. I still didn't know what to say to her.

"What about her?" I finally mustered the courage to look at Liam.

"I wasn't going to meddle, but she's sad, Ellie. I have no idea about what happened between the two of you. I only know that friends fuck up sometimes, and nobody's perfect. It might be nothing, it might be something, but I was hoping you'd talk it out. You're her friend, and she cares about you. Ever since I told her about her ex, she's been off even if she doesn't let it show. She tells me it's okay, but I know it's not. She's hurting, and she needs her friend—you. Don't turn your back on her. I don't want to leave knowing she's there alone."

I twirled my set of keys in my hands. "Okay, I'll go and see her."

"Thanks. It means a lot." Liam placed a hand on my shoulder and squeezed it gently before pushing the foyer door open. "Bye, Ellie," he said over his shoulder.