Chapter 29

A/N Listen to the song on top; you won't regret it

A/N Listen to the song on top; you won't regret it. The lyrics are ❤️❤️❤️ and very Aiden.

September

"Tired?" I pressed a soft kiss to Ellie's neck as we swayed to a slow French song. We'd been dancing for the last couple of hours, and I loved it. Whenever they played a slow ballad, Ellie was in my arms, and I could feel all of her.

Ellie smiled at me. "Not yet."

Kissing her lips and moving my hands over her bare back, I pressed her to me harder.

"You look incredible tonight," I whispered in her ear when kissing her without doing anything else became too hard. I didn't know what she did for me to lose my mind like that.

"So do you. I like you in a tux."

I nuzzled her cheek with my nose."I'll make sure to wear one again, then."

A couple of songs later, the orchestra announced the last dance. This time, Liam and Sky joined us.

I was too wrapped up in Ellie to keep tabs on them and what they were doing. For all I knew, they'd been dancing somewhere near.

My thoughts were interrupted by the rain of confetti falling over us.

Liam laughed, shaking his head in a vain attempt to get rid of the glittery particles.

Ellie's giggles made me take her face between my palms and kiss her lips long enough to make her blush.

As fun as the night had been, I couldn't wait to be alone with her.

"It was epic. Thanks for inviting us." Sky kissed Ellie's cheek as we stood in line to get our coats.

"Ditto," said Liam. "I had fun. I'm glad I said yes, so thanks, Ellie."

"You're welcome." She winked at the two of them.

"What do you guys want to do now?" Sky asked as I was helping my girl put on her coat.

Liam replied, "The night's still young, we're not far from home. Maybe we could walk a bit, or have a drink somewhere?"

He clearly wanted to take advantage of the first time he'd been out in a long while. What I wanted was to go home and spend some time with Ellie, but I didn't want to be selfish, so I decided to accept whatever idea they came up with.

Our plans were ruined as soon as we stepped outside, right into the pouring rain.

"Fuck." Liam groaned. "I go out for the first time in forever, and it rains."

Sky seemed disappointed, as well.

"We could hang out at home," I offered. "I still haven't touched the cognac from the Employee of the Moment basket."