Chapter 19

September

September

Sky looked at me, grinning. "So, I guess making up turned into making out? Where's the man?"

"We had breakfast, or brunch," I glanced at the clock, "and Aiden went to take his things. He's spending the weekend here."

"Don't be a bad girl; I want details."

"We're back together, Sky. It happened so fast: one moment we're talking, and the next everything's the way it used to be, or even better."

"So, what happened?"

We sat on my thankfully made bed, and I told Sky about the reason why Aiden did what he did.

"He said he was sorry a hundred times, and told me he loved me another hundred. I believe him, Sky. He's never lied to me."

"I want to smack your uncle with something!" Sky groaned. "He used the guy's worst moment to finally tear the two of you apart. What's in it for him? I can also understand Aiden. I don't know a single person who gets to study in that place of yours for free. If you'd given it up, you'd regret it. It's been less than a month, but you're gonna take your skills to the next level there. He wanted what was best for you, and if your uncle hadn't lied to him, you'd never have to be apart at all. Well, at least now it's over. You get to have your dream and your guy. Enjoy it."

I hugged her, giggling.

"I'm so stupidly happy, Sky. Last night was incredible."

"I can tell." She grinned. "I've never seen you so cheerful."

"What about you? Did you do anything?"

"I studied and went out to take some photos. My parents called."

"Did you tell them you're here?"

Sky shook her head. "I guess I'll have to share the apartment. It's too expensive, Ellie. I can't ask my parents for more money because then I'd have to explain everything. At least if I share it, I could tell them I moved to the capital because the school is better. It's partly true and less embarrassing than admitting I did it for a jerk who cheated on me."

"I'd say I could share it with you, but..."

"No, don't be silly. Now that you and Aiden are back together, you need your space. I love my place, and the area is fantastic. My uni is near. I'll just look for someone to pay for a half of it."

"Baby, I'm home," Aiden shouted from the hall.

A minute later, he was in the bedroom with an overnight bag on his shoulder.