Chapter 22

September

September

Liam handed me a box from the company truck Victor let us borrow to make transporting Liam's things easier. "This is the last one, I promise."

"No problem. It's not that heavy."

"I didn't think I owned so much stuff," Liam puffed as we got into the elevator to go to Sky's.

"It's the two of you, kind of normal."

The door to Sky's apartment was open. We walked in and carried the boxes to Liam's and Tim's rooms.

"Is Sky at Ellie's place?" Liam asked.

"Yeah. They are studying and giving us time to unpack everything."

"Shit, man, I'm really grateful for your help. Knowing how busy you are with that degree of yours—"

"I'm doing okay for now. The exams aren't till November."

"Anyway, you could've been doing something else."

We started to unload books and other stuff to put it on the shelves in Liam's new bedroom.

"Dammit, I'll have my own room. I still can't believe it. The place is great. It feels nice to have some space to move around and not bump into things," said Liam.

"Yeah." I went on to open another box while he busied himself with hanging his clothes in a built-in closet.

"And you?" he suddenly asked.

"And I what?"

"When are you going to move in with Ellie? You're sleeping at her place almost every night."

"I want to, but I don't want to push. As you said, it's her place. I was going to get one for both of us, at least that's how I imagined it."

"Dude, she's not gonna want to leave her apartment. Besides, it's great and full of her stuff. And it's close to her school— a luxury in a city like this one."

"I know. She really loves it. It's just that when we were back home, I talked about moving in together, and Ellie thought I was rushing into it. I figured it was too soon."

"That was before. Maybe she's ready now. Nothing's holding you back. Besides, you're wasting tons of time traveling back and forth. You could use it to study."

"I have to think about it." I grabbed some books and put them on a shelf.

"Think about what?"

Ellie's arms were around my waist.

I gave her a kiss sending grinning Liam a 'you could've told me' look.

"About where to put all this stuff. Hey, baby." I kissed Ellie again.